This update introduces the following set of new features and and bug fixes:
New Features (please consult the What's New in Filr 3.3 documentation for more details):
- Linux Desktop client (Technical preview)
- Multi-tenancy support using Filr zones
- Filr plugin for MS Office
- MS Outlook integration enhancements
- Ability to request for files
- Option to easily unshare files and folders
- Several mobile app enhancements
Bug Fixes (please click on the associated TID link for more details)
- TID 7021721 - Filr Desktop client fails to start on Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
- TID 7022281 - Unable to add Filr as a Storage Service in Office 2016
- TID 7016504 - Filr desktop client missing overlay icons
- TID 7018456 - Filr Desktop Client for Windows allows blacklisted processes to trigger file downloads
- TID 7021141 - Accept incoming connections from filr.app prompt appears randomly for Mac users
- TID 7021069 - Filr configured with NAM fails during startup after upgrade to Filr 3.2
- TID 7021150 - Find all shares in Filr unresponsive when several thousand shares exist
- TID 7022380 - Unable to access Net Folders if the folders contains multiple & character
- TID 7022382 - Filr Desktop client fails to detect changes to some Excel 97-2003 .xls format files
- TID 7022384 - Excessive memory utilization by the Filr Indexing service
- TID 7022388 - Unable to access files when using NSS for AD Net Folders behind DFS junctions
- TID 7022389 - Self Registration URL missing in plain-text version of the Share notification
- TID 7022390 - Filr folders don't show any content for 2-3 minutes after Windows re-boot
- TID 7022391 - Filr 3.2 upgrade fails with Liquibase Error Incorrect syntax
- TID 7022392 - Filr Tomcat update to v7.0.78
- TID 7022395 - Trying to share from Desktop client leads to Share Operation Failed error
- TID 7022396 - Filr group membership out of sync with the directory
- TID 7022397 - BEAST Security vulnerability in Filr (CVE-2011-3389)
- TID 7022398 - Filr reports are truncated to first 10,000 records
- TID 7022399 - Filr Desktop client unable to connect to Filr server over Web Application Proxy
- TID 7022401 - Folders shared under My Files no longer allow granting Re-share of File Links
- TID 7022404 - Renaming a shared file in Filr leaves behind the original file which cannot be deleted
- TID 7022410 - Filr share email to external users does not include the share note
- TID 7022411 - Shared file link in Filr downloads a 0KB file if the share was deleted
- TID 7022412 - Unable to add files in any Filr Net Folders if user has no access to his Home folder
- TID 7022413 - Filr Desktop client blocked by firewall
- TID 7022414 - Choosing Open In Filr iOS app fails from 3rd party apps if Filr app is not running in background
- TID 7022415 - Unable to upload iOS 11 HEIC format photos using Filr iOS app
- TID 7022416 - Unable to upload photos from iCloud Photo Library using Filr iOS app
- TID 7022417 - Filr iOS app on iPad no longer displays the Action button on files
- TID 7022419 - Cached content visible to multiple Filr users on shared iOS device
- TID 7022420 - Passcode prompt skipped when using Open In Filr iOS app if Filr app is not running in background
- TID 7022427 - Saving changes to Excel files in Filr folders can lead to 0KB files
- TID 7022436 - Outlook becomes unresponsive when uploading large files using the Filr plugin
- TID 7021155 - Security vulnerability in Heimdal Kerberos protocol (CVE-2017-11103)
This update can be applied to a site that is currently on any one of the following versions:
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 3.2.2
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 3.2.1
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 3.2
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 3.1.1
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 3.1
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 126.96.36.199 (equivalent of Filr 3.0 - Security Update 1)
Micro Focus Filr Appliance version: 188.8.131.52
Micro Focus Filr Search Appliance version: 3.2.1
Micro Focus Filr Search Appliance version: 184.108.40.206 (equivalent of Filr 3.0 - Security Update 1)
Micro Focus Filr Search Appliance version: 220.127.116.11
Micro Focus Filr MySQL Appliance version: 3.2.1
Micro Focus Filr MySQL Appliance version: 3.2
Micro Focus Filr MySQL Appliance version: 18.104.22.168 (equivalent of Filr 3.0 - Security Update 1)
Micro Focus Filr MySQL Appliance version: 22.214.171.124
- This update is provided via the Filr Online Update channel accessible via the Filr Appliance Configuration console (port 9443).
- This update is required on the Filr, Filr Search and Filr MySQL appliance(s) in your deployment.
- If you are also applying the 'Filr 3.0 - Security Update 2' together with this update, a reboot will be required after applying the updates.
- The updates may take up to 20 minutes to complete depending on the number of updates being applied. For example, if you are updating from Filr 3.0 all the way to Filr 3.3, it may take up to 20 minutes for the update progress bar to complete. We recommend that you wait for the progress bar to complete and not disrupt the update process.
This update is provided via the Filr Online Update Channel. Please follow these steps on all Filr, Filr Search and Filr MySQL appliance(s) in your Filr deployment:
- Stop the Filr service on all Filr nodes and repeat Steps 2-7 in the following order: MySQL appliance first, then Search appliance(s) and Filr appliance(s) last.
- Login to the Appliance Configuration console (https://hostname:9443) as 'vaadmin' and select the Online Update icon.
- Toggle to the 'Needed Patches' in the patches download until you see the 'Filr 3.3 Update' patch update and then click 'Update Now' button.
- In the 'Update Now' pop-up, select 'All Needed Patches' and select the two options:
a. Automatically agree with all license agreements
b. Automatically install all interactive patches
- Hit OK to apply the update.
- Toggle to the 'Installed Patches' in the patches download and verify the 'Filr 3.3 Update' patch update is shown as Installed.
- (If you also installed the 'Filr 3.0 - Security Update 2' during this update) Reboot the appliance.
- The update progress bar shows progress but patch update never completes. This usually happens if the two options (shown in Steps 4a/4b above) are not selected.
To fix this problem, please cancel out of the Update page and try installing the update again with the two options selected.
- It's been 20 minutes and the update progress bar is still spinning. Is it stuck? As noted in the Important Notes above, it may take up to 20 minutes for all updates to be applied depending on how many updates need to be applied. We recommend that you wait for the progress bar to complete and not disrupt the update process for at least 30 minutes before contacting Micro Focus Customer Care. If you have cancelled out of the browser, and updates are no longer showing under 'Needed patches', chances are that the updates are still being applied in the background and the activity should be logged in the /var/log/zypp/history file.
- If configuring a new Filr 3.0 system for Online Updates for the first time using "SMT Server" or with a "Proxy Server", the registration may fail if the Filr server is in a private network.
To fix this problem, please consult TID 7020906 for Proxy configuration and/or TID 7018759 for SMT configuration.
Technical Support Information:
If you need help or have questions about this patch, please contact Micro Focus Customer Care.
CVE-2011-3389 - BEAST Security vulnerability in Filr (CVE-2011-3389)
We recommend you read the TID 7022397 for the above referenced CVE to understand how to enforce TLSv1.2 Only protocol for your Filr site and its potential impact on your end users.
CVE-2017-11103 - Security vulnerability in Heimdal Kerberos protocolThis information is made available from the Filr 3.3 Update patch download page available at Micro Focus Patch Finder.