Reflection for IBM 2011 R3
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 R3
Reflection Standard Suite 2011 R3
Reflection X 2011 R3
Reflection Suite for X 2011 R3
Reflection 2011 R3 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is available for maintained customers who already have Reflection 2011 R3 installed. This technical note provides information about how to obtain your service pack and a list of features and fixes included in the service pack.
Note the following:
- Reflection 2014 released February 2014; for information about new features see KB 7021448.
- For information about features included in Reflection 2011 R3, see KB 7021456.
- For important information regarding security updates and Reflection for IBM 2011, Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011, and Reflection Standard Suite 2011, see Security Alerts - Reflection Desktop.
- For important information regarding security updates and Reflection X Advantage, a component of Reflection X 2011 and Reflection Suite for X 2011, see Security Alerts - Reflection X Advantage. For security update information about Reflection X 14.1, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
Note: This document references a Reflection service pack.
Service packs are available to licensed Attachmate customers with
current maintenance plans for these products. For information about
logins and accessing the Download Library, see KB 7021965.
Obtaining and Applying the Service Pack
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see KB 7021965.
The Reflection 2011 R3 Service Pack 1 applies to R3 of the following products:
Reflection for IBM 2011Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011Reflection Standard Suite 2011Reflection X 2011Reflection Suite for X 2011
Note: If you have more than one of the above Reflection 2011 products installed on a workstation, applying this service pack will update all Reflection 2011 products at the same time. (It is not possible to run multiple versions of Reflection 2011 Windows-based products on the same workstation.)
For information about applying a service pack, see KB 7021464.
Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On is updated separately. For more information, see KB 7021522.
For information about platform support in Reflection for IBM 2011 R3, Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 R3, and Reflection Standard Suite 2011 R3 see KB 7021521.
For information about platform support in Reflection X 2011 R3 and Reflection Suite for X 2011 R3, see KB 7021816.
New Features and What's Fixed in Reflection 2011 R3 SP1
The following new features and fixes are included in the Reflection 2011 R3 Service Pack 1. To view features and fixes relevant to the Reflection product you are using, scroll to the appropriate product name below:
Reflection for IBM 2011 R3 SP1 and Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 R3 SP1
The following new features and fixes apply to Reflection for IBM 2011 R3 SP1 and Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS R3 SP1.
Reflection 2011 Release 3 Service Pack 1 includes two major new features:
- TouchUx allows Reflection to be configured for touchscreen user experiences. You can choose between Apple iOS, Android, or Windows 8 "skins." (To run Reflection on iOS or Android devices, you must access Reflection through a Citrix XenApp server, with the Citrix Receiver client software installed on the devices).
- SmartUx enables you to modernize your legacy host applications with current-day application functionality. Developers can leverage a new set of programming interfaces to highlight fields and overlay controls, such as drop-down lists, buttons, and date-pickers on your legacy IBM host applications to make users more productive.
The TouchUx feature enables you to improve usability of terminal sessions on tablets and other mobile devices:
- A split-pane window provides access to the same menu commands available on the ribbon and browser interfaces.
- An on-screen keyboard provides access to common host keys that are typically unavailable with standard tablet on-screen keyboards and can be configured for language, varying levels of transparency, and other properties.
- A gallery of open sessions enables you to switch sessions or quickly open recent sessions.
- You can navigate with touch gestures, just as you do on other tablet applications. (Some of your device's gestures may not be supported on iPads or Android tablets.)
Note: Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Services are not supported for the TouchUx feature in this release.
SmartUx (Available for IBM 3270 and 5250 Terminals)
The SmartUx feature enables you to modernize the host application user experience for easier, more productive use. With Reflectionâs VBA or .NET API, you can:
- Highlight required fields and add tool tips to fields to help your users get over the difficult spots in your application.
- Replace old-style numbered option lists with more modern drop-down selection lists.
- Replace manual date entry with a graphical calendar date-picker.
- Add buttons to the host application's interface and program them to start macros or perform other actions.
- Provide a visual indication that a field on a screen is required information.
For more information about using SmartUx features, see KB 7021450.
Enhancements to Existing Features
This service pack also includes several improvements in Reflection 2011 API, Help, HP NonStop Tandem emulation, and user interface.
API and Macro Improvements
- To improve performance when a macro is run, the Screen History and the Productivity features of Reflection are turned off (after saving their state to be restored afterwards). This is the new default setting beginning in Reflection 2011 R3 SP1. If a user wants to have these features running while executing a macro, they can insert the appropriate lines (.DisableKeystrokeProductivity=FALSE and .DisableScreenHistory=FALSE) in the macro file to re-enable these features. This feature applies only to IBM-type sessions.
- Methods and properties for customizing the Ribbon in a host session have been added. See the VBA and .NET documentation for details on how to customize the Ribbon.
- The VBA and .NET API interfaces now enable the user to programmatically modify the keyboard map to execute both new and legacy Reflection macros. The "Select Action" dialog has been modified so that the macro data property can be set when using the KeyboardMapper, MouseMapper, ribbon button, etc. to select an action that runs a macro. (Modifying the keyboard map programmatically does not permanently modify the Reflection *.XKB keymap file.)
- Updates were made to the VBA documentation related to the ScreenPrinting and GetControlByInstanceId methods.
- Content for numerous elements was added to the VBA Attachmate.Reflection.Objects.Emulation.IbmHosts library and the .NET Attachmate.Reflection.Emulation.IbmHosts Assembly.
User Interface Improvements
- Customizable Quicklists (context menus) have been added to help customers who are migrating from Hotlists in legacy-Reflection. See âCreate a Custom Context Menuâ in the Help and the ContextMenu object in the VBA and .NET documentation for details on how to customize and control these Quicklists.
- Support has been added to IBM-type sessions for Code Page 1026 (Turkish New).
API, Automation, or Macro Issues
- Resolved issues where problems could occur under certain timing conditions with the VBA .WaitForHostSettle method in a Terminal User Control (TUC) application.
- Improved the performance of macro function calls, like WaitForText1, which require host data interaction.
- Fixed a problem where the legacy WaitForDisplayString() method would occasionally fail to wait for the string on extremely fast and responsive host systems.
- Increased the speed and performance of VBA calls not related to the Reflection host system programming interface.
- Corrected a problem where recorded macros would not always capture the correct cursor position on the host screen.
- Removed the dialog that indicates that a "custom version of the current built-in file already exists" which appears when changing the CursorShape property via the API.
- Programmatically modified keymaps in a VBA macro can now be saved.
- An Express Logon Feature (ELF) macro can now be run a second time without having to disconnect the host session.
- The COM-based Internet Web browser control that is used for providing the Web session within Reflection has been exposed to allow all documents in all frames of the browser to be accessed.
File Transfer Issues
- Resolved an issue where mapped network drives were slow to expand in the File Transfer dialog of an IBM host session.
- Fixed a host session hang or crash that occurred after an FTP upload via certain SSL connections.
User Interface Issues
- Japanese fonts now appear in the font list for Appearance > Font after changing the Host Code Page in the Reflection Create New Document dialog box.
- With the Host Code Page set to Japanese Latin Ext (1027), Japanese characters continue to appear correct even when changing the font away from MS Mincho.
- The âUnicode zero character settingâ option is now available even after the 3270 session font is changed.
- Shortcuts created from legacy *.EDP files converted to *.RD3X session files no longer show images of the host screen.
- Correct cursor operation and appearance is maintained when using the ALT+TAB sequence to switch windows in Reflection Classic mode while using the Windows Classic theme on Windows 7.
- 3270 Screen data is formatted correctly when "Support double-byte character set" is enabled and the Delete key is pressed in a field that wraps across multiple lines.
- The ISOColors= setting in an EXTRA! *.EDP file for a VT session is now properly converted when saving a native Reflection *.RDOX file.
- Saving a newly created default VT session file no longer saves an unchanged theme file.
- Custom toolbars from a legacy Reflection VT session are now migrated and saved in Classic mode.
- Resolved an SSL/TLS connection failure caused by Client Authorization timeouts on slow SSL server links.
- Corrected "A write to display memory was out of bounds..." error in a 3270 session that occurred when certain text wrapped from line 24 to line 1.
- Fixed random unhandled exception errors than could occur in the AttachmateEmulationFrame.exe when loading or running multiple host sessions after the first boot or the reboot of a PC.
- Added a check for restricted status to prevent an unhandled exception from occurring when a productivity feature is deselected in an IBM-type session and any productivity feature is set to restricted by an *.ACCESS file.
Reflection X 2011 R3 SP1
There are new features and fixes in Reflection X Advantage 4.2 SP1 and Reflection X 14.1 SP3, both of which are components of Reflection X 2011 and Reflection Suite for X 2011.
Reflection X Advantage 4.2 SP1
The file you use to apply the fixes and features to Reflection X Advantage varies depending on your operating system:
- If you run Reflection X Advantage on a Windows platform, it will be updated when you apply the service pack (reflect-2011-r3-sp1-w32.exe or reflect-2011-r3-sp1-w64.exe). (See Obtaining and Applying the Service Pack).
- If you run Reflection X Advantage on a non-Windows-based platform, download and install the file appropriate for your operating system.
Reflection X Advantage now installs Java 7 update 13.
- Save Remote session services passwords.
You can now optionally include a user's password when configuring a Reflection X Manager session to use Remote session services. When you create a shortcut to a session that includes a saved password, the session will connect without prompting for the user's password.
- Secure Shell connections to OpenVMS hosts now display the password change dialog box when a password change is required.
- The expiration date of the evaluation version of Reflection X Advantage has been extended.
- The mouse scroll wheel now responds to up and down inputs.
- Icon colors specified in an X Window's WM_HINTS property are now displayed correctly.
- The cursor glyph now changes correctly when moving in transient windows in some client applications.
- Symbols requiring the use of AltGr key are now produced correctly.
- Resolves a display problem that resulted in unexpected borders drawn around some X client application fields. The fix affects PolySegment requests that are implemented using PolyLine delegation when the GC being used contains a fill-style other than Solid.
- Cadence IC6 application no longer fails with the message "IO Error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on Display "localhost:nn.n". Aborting due to fatal X IO error.>". The error occurred due to a CopyArea request with a source rectangle outside of the source drawable valid space. Reflection now handles this out of bounds request.
- Support for Java Web Start, which had been removed in version 4.2, has been restored in this release. Instructions for configuring Java Web Start are in the Deployment Guide, which is available from https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rx_rsx_2011.html.
- Using a Java Web Start deployment no longer produces the error, "Unable to enter FIPS mode because the JRE is not configured for unlimited strength cryptography."
Reflection X 14.1 SP3
Beginning in version 14.1 SP3, Reflection X no longer supports Low Bandwidth X (LBX).
- Multiple fixes and improvements to GLX/OpenGL support.
- Fixes a problem that caused some graphics to be invisible until the mouse is dragged into the missing image area.
- Fixes a problem with the display of characters in the title bar of an SAS X client when running in a Japanese Windows system.
- Entering special characters using AltGr now works as expected.
Product documentation for Reflection for IBM 2011 R3 SP1 and Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011 R3 SP1 can be found at: https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/reflection2011.html.
Product documentation for Reflection X 2011 R3 and Reflection Suite for X 2011 R3 (also applies to R3 SP1) can be found at https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rx_rsx_2011.html.