This technical note outlines the release notes for Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On.
Note: Beginning in February 2014, Reflection for NonStop 2014 is available. See KB 7021439.
Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On Features
Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On is the upgrade to the Reflection for NonStop 2008 Add-On and EXTRA! 6530 Client Option. It provides connectivity to HP NonStop (Tandem 6530) hosts and giving enterprises the broadest range of host connectivity options and a consistent user experience. It includes the following features:
The following new features and resolved issues are available in Reflection for NonStop 2011 R3 SP1:
- A configuration option was added to Reflection for Nonstop to control the display of the vertical scroll bar.
- The Shift Page-Down and Shift Page-Up sequences allow the selection of screen data in Conversational mode.
- A configuration option was added to display the cursor location in the information area on line 25 of the session.
- Using a Shift left-mouse click, users can select the screen area from the session cursor to the current location of the mouse cursor.
- Reflection for Nonstop now contains support for screen sizes other than 24x80 lines in both Conversational and Block mode.
- Command Line History (Recent Typing) has been added for 6530 sessions in Conversational Mode and includes in-line editing of the command line using the cursor-up and cursor-down keys.
- For SSH connected sessions, the host banner can be displayed in a separate window from the host session data.
- The host fingerprint in an SSH session can be set up to be verified against a file containing known hosts.
- The Reflection for Nonstop Add-On now installs using the NonStop 2011 MSI file. (Setup.exe is no longer required.)
- In the Windows Add/Remove Programs Control Panel, the "Change" and "Uninstall" (or "Remove") buttons can be hidden for non-administrative users after installing the Reflection for Nonstop Add-On.
- Resolved an issue where duplicate ribbons can appear when opening multiple Tandem or 6530 sessions that use different customized ribbons.
The following new features and resolved issues are available in Reflection for NonStop 2011 R3:
- The Tandem HLLAPI interface was updated to allow multiple HLLAPI sessions from within a single Reflection VBA macro.
- Support was added for Backup Hosts and load balancing in Tandem environments.
- The Non-Stop (Guardian API) Tandem host type was added to the Reflection FTP Client.
- Session menus have been updated with appropriate choices for 6530 sessions in the Browser view mode.
- All 6530 terminal document settings now have mnemonic keys assigned.
- A 6530 session correctly handles keyboard-interactive "challenge" messages from the server if no prompt is specified.
- The Reflection Non-Stop Add-on now correctly registers the *.RD6 file extension in Microsoft Windows.
The following new features and resolved issues are available in Reflection for NonStop 2011 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1):
- ALT key sequences can now be mapped to âShift+PageDownâ and âShift+PageUpâ actions in the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On.
- Screen history using the Courier New font has been added to the 6530 host session in the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On.
- The numlock state of the numeric keypad now correctly functions with the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On.
- The Copy, Cut, and Paste actions for the default keyboard map work properly in the 6530 host sessions with the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On.
The following features are available in Reflection for NonStop 2011 R2:
- Port to use for clear text FTP can now be specified on Advanced settings panel.
- Support for secure FTP transfers using the integrated FTP facility:
- User can SFTP on SSH sessions.
- User can FTPS on SSL sessions.
- SSH settings panel has additional field for specifying secure file transfer.
- SSL settings panel has additional fields for specifying secure file transfer.
- Additional SSH authentication methods are supported: Keyboard interactive and GSSAPI.
- SSH settings panel has additional fields for specifying authentication methods.
- Added browse button on SSH settings panel when specifying the private key file for use with public key authentication.
- All private key files must now reside in HPNonStop\Security directory.
- Added browse button on SSL settings panel when specifying the âClient Certificate Fileâ when presenting client certificates on SSL sessions.
- All client certificate files must now reside in the HPNonStop\Security directory.
The following features are available in Reflection for NonStop 2011 R1:
- Updated encryption support:
The addition of two more encryption key strengths to the SSLEncryptionStrength enum for 192- and 256-bit encryption.
- Updated Active X control.
For Reflection 2011 R3 release notes, see KB 7021456.
Obtaining the Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see KB 7021965.
For information about purchasing Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
After you download the package, follow the installation steps below.
- Install or update the Reflection 2011 product. The Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On must be the same version as the Reflection 2011 product.
- Extract the files from the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On Download Package.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded Reflection for NonStop Add-On package.
- When prompted, select the folder where you want to unzip the files. Click OK.
- Install the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On.
- Navigate to the location where you unzipped the Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On files.
- Run setup.exe.
Converting EXTRA! 6530 Client Option User Settings
Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On does not support the conversion of user settings, like session files and macros, created with EXTRA! 6530 Client Option.
Manual Administrative Installation
The Reflection for NonStop 2011 Add-On installer does not currently support an automated administrative installation. To perform an administrative installation, enter the following command on the command line:
setup.exe /install /admin TARGETDIR=[admin install location]
Information Privacy Not Supported
At this time, privacy filters are not supported in 6530 sessions; you cannot redact data as it is typed into a 6530 session. However, starting in R2, privacy filters do apply to 6530 screen information when used outside the terminal, such as sending data to Microsoft Office Tools documents, like Word or Outlook.
Localized Product Issues
If you're running Reflection 2011 in a language other than English, you may see some non-localized 6530 user interface options.