Verastream Host Integrator version 7.x
Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250 (iOS)
Reflection for UNIX (iOS and Android Editions)
Reflection Mobile (iOS app)
Reflection Desktop for IBM
Reflection Desktop for UNIX and OpenVMS
Reflection for IBM 2014
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2014
Reflection for IBM 2011
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS 2011
Reflection Standard Suite 2011
Extra! X-treme version 9.x
Reflection for IBM version 14.x
Reflection for HP version 14.x
Reflection for UNIX and OpenVMS version 14.x
Reflection for the Web (All Editions)
Reflection for the Web 2014 (All Editions)
Reflection for the Web 2011 (All Editions)
You can connect to your host(s) from mobile devices by using web-based HTML emulation, native iOS or Android apps, Windows-based applications, or web-based Java emulation.
HTML Web-based Terminal Emulation
Host Access for the Cloud and Verastream Host Integrator provide "zero footprint" solutions since no Java or client software needs to be installed on the mobile device. These products provide wide compatibility with HTML5-capable web browsers on smart phones, tablets, and mobile devices including iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry.
The terminal pages feature:
- Modern look and feel.
- Responsive display using the full browser width, or resize the window as desired.
- Easy entry of host function keys in terminal pages with a transparent on-screen keyboard. To use the keyboard, tap or click the "Fn" graphic in the upper right.
Host Access for the Cloud (formerly Reflection ZFE)
Host Access for the Cloud provides terminal emulation for 3270, 5250 and VT host terminal types with centralized control.
Beginning in version 1.1 (October 2015), mobile touch support, macro functionality, and on-screen function key support (Quick Keys) is provided for mobile devices without full keyboards. You can also map colors and host keys for a more user-friendly experience. For more information about Host Access for the Cloud, see https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RZFE.
Verastream Host Integrator
In Verastream Host Integrator (VHI) version 7.5 or higher, you can quickly and conveniently connect to your IBM hosts in a web browserâwithout configuring a model in Design Tool or generating a Web Builder project. To access the Terminal3270 or Terminal5250 web applications, do one of the following:
- On Windows, "3270 Terminal Session" and "5250 Terminal Session" shortcuts are installed in Start > All Programs > Attachmate Verastream > Host Integrator.
- From any system, you can open the URL http://vhiservername:8081/Terminal3270/ or http://vhiservername:8081/Terminal5250/.
Furthermore, to improve usability of your host application on mobile devices, you can model it and generate an "HTML5 Web Application" project in Web Builder. This enables displaying of form pages with drop-down procedure selection.
Native iOS and Android Apps
The following apps are available for mobile devices running Apple iOS on iPad or iPhone and/or Google Android:
- Reflection for UNIX is a free mobile app that provides Telnet and SSH access to UNIX/Linux and OpenVMS hosts (VT terminal emulation). For more information, see KB 7022072.
- Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250 is a paid mobile app that provides access to IBM systems. For more information, see KB 7022074.
- Reflection Mobile is a special enterprise mobile app offering that combines the capabilities of both the Telnet/SSH/VT and TN3270/TN5250 apps above. For more information, see KB 7024231.
Windows-based Terminal Emulation
You can run full-featured Reflection Desktop, Reflection 2014, Reflection 2011, Reflection 14.x, or EXTRA! X-treme on mobile/touch devices as follows:
- Windows 8 Pro: Windows-based products run natively.
- Apple iOS, Android, and others: Windows-based products run in a virtualization environment (for example, Citrix Receiver client installed on mobile device.
For additional information on Windows 8 support and virtualization platform support, refer to the appropriate technical note for your product:
||Supported Platform Information
|Reflection Desktop products
|Reflection 2014 products
|Reflection 2011 products
|Reflection version 14.1 products
Beginning in Reflection 2011 R3 SP1, additional features are available to enhance touch screen user experiences (see KB 7021453):
- TouchUx features (available on Windows 8, or iOS or Android through Citrix XenApp) include split-pane menus, a transparent on-screen host keyboard, easy session switching, and touch gesture navigation.
- SmartUx features (for IBM 3270 and 5250 sessions only) enable developers to modernize the host application user experience with field highlights, drop-down selection lists, graphical calendar date-pickers, required field indicators, and more. For more information about using SmartUx features, see KB 7021450.
Java Web-based Terminal Emulation
Reflection for the Web can run on devices that support Java.
If you are running an iOS device, mobile access is available via virtualization technologies or Windows Remote Desktop (see Windows-based Terminal Emulation above). If you attempt to run Reflection for the Web on iOS devices, you may see a message similar to the following:
On older Windows CE devices, success has been reported running Reflection for the Web when NSIcom CrE-ME Java is installed.