Reflection Desktop Pro version 16.0
Reflection Desktop for X version 16.0
Reflection Desktop for IBM version 16.0
Reflection Desktop for UNIX and OpenVMS version 16.0
Reflection Desktop Plus Add-On version 16.0
Reflection Desktop 16.0 Update 1 (version 184.108.40.206) released January 2016. This update is applied to an existing installation of Reflection Desktop products. This technical note describes new features and resolved issues.
This product update is version 16.0.245 which is identified in Reflection Workspace > Help > About, or Control Panel > Programs.
This update includes Reflection FTP Client version 16.0.245 which is identified as in its Help > About dialog.
When this update is applied to Reflection Desktop Pro or Reflection Desktop for X on Windows, Reflection X Advantage is updated to version 5.1.589 (also known as 5.1 Update 1 or 5.1 Hotfix 3) as described in KB 7021838. If optional legacy Reflection X is installed, it is updated to version 14.1.934 (see also KB 7021743).
Obtaining and Installing the Update
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product updates at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/. You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can download a file. For more information on using the Downloads website, see KB 7021965.
For information about applying an update to an existing installation of Reflection Desktop products, see KB 7021464.
Note for X users: If you have installed Reflection Desktop Pro or Reflection Desktop for X, make sure to apply the appropriate (64-bit or 32-bit) update for your product installation.
Note for NonStop users: If you have installed the Reflection Desktop for NonStop Add-On, it must be separately updated to the same version as the Reflection Desktop product. For more information, see KB 7021419.
Note for Plus users: If you have installed the Reflection Desktop Plus Add-On, it is not updated by the Reflection Desktop product update installer. The version for this component will remain 16.0.209 after this update is installed, which is the same as the initial release.
New Features and Resolved Issues
In addition to the features and fixes previously released in version 16.0 (as described in KB 7021426), this update includes the following new features and fixes.
- When the mouse hovers over the padlock icon in the status line with a secure host connection, the tooltip will display whether the session is configured for a SSL or TLS connection.
- Performance has been improved when loading multiple sessions or a layout file when the Reflection Workspace is configured for Centralized Management (using Micro Focus Host Access Management and Security Server, https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=MSS).
API and Macro Fixes
- The âView.Closingâ event handler will not be fired continuously when closing the Reflection Workspace.
- Reflection host sessions now load quickly when using a redirected âMy Documentsâ location with âOffline filesâ enabled. Previously, the Reflection Workspace would load quickly but the host session settings file might appear to hang on load for 30 seconds to several minutes, depending on the environment.
- Reflection host sessions now load smoothly (without flashing to a cascaded windowed mode), when launching multiple sessions via a layout or selecting multiple sessions in the Open dialog.
- Creating or opening a host session no longer generates the error âInvalid font name: Courier New (Arabic), restoring previous name" when the system locale is set to Arabic.
- The 64-bit version of the Installation Customization Tool (ICT) will now correctly save a Companion MSI file. See also KB 7021417.
- When using a secure connection with client authentication set to "Automatically select client certificate," the Reflection session no longer uses an expired certificate when a valid certificate exists in the list, which caused a host connection to fail during the certificate negotiation.
- In a VT terminal session, printing in Controller mode now waits the complete number of seconds set in the âClose printerâ setting after the print job is complete before closing the print job.
- VT terminal sessions opened from a Reflection Workspace layout file (*.RWSP) now always display all of the initial login text or the command prompt after the connection is made.
- When the Reflection Collection Tool is run from within the Reflection Workspace with host sessions open, and the "Include all user-specific Reflection document files" setting is unchecked, only the open session files are now collected.
- Copying a block of text containing a blank line in the middle and then pasting the block of text on a host screen now erases the host screen contents where the blank line was located.