- For additional recommendations when upgrading to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2, see KB 7022105.
- If you are upgrading a workstation installation to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2 from a customized Administrative installation point, see KB 7021950.
- If you are migrating from F-Secure Windows Client, see KB 7022104.
Upgrading a Workstation Installation to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2
Before installing Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2, note the following:
- You cannot install Reflection for Secure IT Windows client 7.2 and retain an earlier version of Reflection. The Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) will detect and automatically upgrade and remove the earlier version. The features and registry settings will be migrated from the earlier versions.
- An evaluation copy of Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2 will upgrade an installation of Reflection 6.x or 7.x.
To upgrade from Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 6.x or 7.x to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2, follow these steps:
- Double-click the downloaded file. Select a location for the installer files or accept the default, and click Next. This extracts the files to the specified location and starts the Attachmate Setup wizard.
If you are upgrading from a downloaded product file you already extracted, browse to the folder where you extracted the file and double-click setup.exe.
To install from an administrative installation image location, click the setup.exe file. The Reflection Wizard will start.
- Before the product installation begins, Reflection will check the version of Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) on the machine.
- The Reflection Installation Wizard will display the following message: "A Prior version of this product was detected and will be replaced with the contents of this installation package." Click Continue.
- Accept the License Agreement, and click Continue.
- On the User Information panel, you have the option to enter your name, organization, and Volume Purchase Account (VPA) number. For more information about VPA numbers, see https://support.microfocus.com/programs/vpa.html.
- On the File Location panel, the default install location will be specified as either C:\Program Files\Attachmate\Rsecure\ (32-bit) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Attachmate\Rsecure\ (64-bit). If version 6.x or 7.x was installed in a different location, use the browse button to install to that same location.
- On the Feature Selection panel, view the features that will be installed by 7.2 by expanding the feature tree. By default, version 7.2 will install the same features that were installed with 6.x or 7.x.
- On the Advanced panel, choose the type of installation. By default, the installation type will be âInstall to this PCâ (formerly called a workstation installation). This option will install a working Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client to the PC. Also, a log file for the installation will be created by default. The installation log file, which provides details about the installation, is saved in the user's temp directory (%tmp%) with a generated name that begins with atm.
- After configuring the installation, click Upgrade to start the installation.
- The installation will upgrade Reflection and will remove files associated with a previous version. Add/Remove Programs will list only the version of Reflection you installed.
Reflection for Secure IT Documentation is available on the Support site at https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rsit_win_client.html.