Before You Create a Reflection Administrative Installation
Before upgrading to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2, note the following:
- You must create a new network installation point for Reflection for Secure IT 7.2. Do not install Reflection for Secure IT 7.2 to the same administrative installation point used for an earlier Reflection for Secure IT 6.x or 7.x administrative installation.
- If you want to deploy a customized installation of Reflection for Secure IT 7.2 or higher, you will need to create an administrative installation.
- For added files onlyâif you customized the deployment of the earlier installation and wish to retain these customizations, you must customize the 7.2 administrative installation in the same manner. Otherwise, you will lose the added files when 7.2 is deployed.
Known Issues and Recommendations
This section describes known issues and recommendations associated with customizations to the Reflection
- Adding FilesâTo add files to the installation, create a companion package. By using a companion package, you can retain additional files when you upgrade or uninstall Reflection. For more information, see the "Install Custom Settings with a Companion Installer" topic in the User Guide: https://docs.attachmate.com/reflection/rsit-ssh/7.2/winclient/en/help/13403.htm.
- New System-wide Configuration File (ssh_config) Folder LocationâThe folder location used for the system-wide configuration file (ssh_config) changed in version 6.1. If you deployed this file in a version earlier than 7.2, you will need to deploy the file again with version 7.2 to the new folder location, which is Shared Application Data\Attachmate\Reflection (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data). The previous location was Shared Application Data\Reflection.
Creating a Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.2 Administrative Installation
You must create a new network installation point for Reflection for Secure IT 7.2 and re-customize to get the same customizations made in an earlier installation.
Overview of the steps to prepare your Reflection for Secure IT 7.2 administrative installation:
- Run the Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client setup wizard.
- From the Advanced tab, click Create an Administrative install image on a server.
- Click Continue, and then browse to the folder you want to use for the administrative installation image.
- Click Install Now.
- To customize Reflection, open the Attachmate Customization Tool.
For more information, see the Customizing Your Installation topic in the User Guide: https://docs.attachmate.com/reflection/rsit-ssh/7.2/winclient/en/help/13396.htm.
Upgrading the Workstations to Reflection for Secure IT 7.2 from an Administrative Installation
Note: Before upgrading workstations to Reflection for Secure IT 7.2, note that you cannot install Reflection for Secure IT 7.2 and retain earlier versions of Reflection. The Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) will detect and automatically upgrade and remove the earlier version, even if it is located in a different location.
After the administrative installation point has been created, the workstations can be upgraded from the earlier version to Reflection for Secure IT 7.2. Use standard methods for installing from an administrative installation point such as creating a shortcut or running Setup.exe from the administrative installation point.
Reflection for Secure IT Documentation is available on the Support site at https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rsit_win_client.html.