Before You Upgrade to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.x
Carefully review the information in this section before upgrading from Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client version 6.x to version 7.x.
- You cannot retain an earlier version of Reflection for Secure IT when you install Reflection 7.x. The Reflection installer automatically detects and upgrades 6.x to 7.x, even if Reflection is installed in a different location. The earlier version is removed by the upgrade.
- After you have installed Reflection version 7.x, removing it will not restore version 6.x.
- Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.x installs an FTP Client enabling users to use the unsecured FTP protocol. Note: The default behavior of the Reflection FTP Client is to use the SFTP protocol, which is a secure protocol that requires an SSH server.
- For information about upgrading a workstation installation to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.x, see KB 7021984.
- For information about upgrading a workstation installation to Reflection for Secure IT Windows Client 7.x from a customized Administrative installation point, see KB 7021950.
Installation and Deployment Issues
Consider these issues when installing and deploying a Reflection upgrade.
For information about platform support in Reflection for Secure IT, see KB 7022010.
You must have Administrative Rights or have the elevated privileges policy enabled to install Reflection.
If you are logged onto a domain, you can install Reflection under any of the following conditions:
- You are a member of Domain Admins.
- The Group Policy "Always install with elevated privileges" is enabled.
- The Reflection installer package has been "assigned" or "published" to you using Active Directory.
Several folder locations have changed (beginning in version 6.1).
New User Folder Location
Your Reflection and SSH settings are stored in the Reflection folder. In version 6.1 or higher, the default folder location is My Documents\Attachmate\Reflection. You can change the location by customizing the installation using the Attachmate Customization Tool.
In version 6.0, the default user folder location was My Documents\Reflection. If you are upgrading from Reflection for Secure IT 6.0, the previous installation will be detected and Reflection will continue to use the 6.0 folder locations. This ensures that the previous settings will be found by Reflection for Secure IT version 7.x.
If you choose to remove version 6.0 before installing version 7.x, Reflection will use the new folder location, and your version 6.0 settings will not be found by version 7.x. To continue to use the 6.0 settings, either use the Attachmate Customization Tool to configure the installation to use the version 6.0 folder location, or copy the contents of the 6.0 Reflection folder to the new folder location, My Documents\Attachmate\Reflection.
New Installation Folder Location
Beginning in version 6.1, the default installation folder is C:\Program Files\Attachmate\RSecure. If necessary, you can change the folder name and location during the installation. (The location of the default installation folder in version 6.0 was C:\Program Files\WRQ\RSecure.)
When upgrading to version 7.x from either 6.0 or 6.1, the default installation folder is located at C:\Program Files\Attachmate\RSecure.
Start Menu Folder Name Change
Beginning in version 6.1, the default Start Menu folder name is Start Menu\Programs\Attachmate Reflection. You can change the default location by customizing the installation using the Attachmate Customization Tool. (In version 6.0, the Start Menu folder name was Start Menu\Programs\WRQ Reflection.)
When upgrading to version 7.x from either 6.0 or 6.1, the default Start Menu folder name is Start Menu\Programs\Attachmate Reflection.
Add/Remove Programs Listing
Beginning in Reflection 6.1, the product is listed in Add/Remove Programs under "Attachmate Reflection" instead of "WRQ Reflection."