This technical note describes the features and fixes delivered in Reflection X Advantage (RXA) version 5.1.622 (also known as 5.1 Service Pack 1). This version released June 2016 and is included with Reflection Desktop for X and Reflection Desktop Pro 16.0 SP1.
Obtaining the Update
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Downloads website, see KB 7021965.
Applying the Update
On Windows platforms, for information about applying an update to Reflection Desktop Pro or Reflection Desktop for X, see KB 7021464. Note: Make sure to download and apply the appropriate (64-bit or 32-bit) update for your product installation.
On non-Windows platforms, uninstall the previous version and install the new version.
New Features and Resolved Issues
This release includes features and fixes previously released in version 5.1 Update 1, as described in KB 7021838, plus the following additional features and fixes:
- Garbage collection monitoring was added to detect various activity levels: normal, busy, stressed (logged as WARN), or thrashing (logged as ERROR).
- The most recent list of domains in the X Admin Console and X Manager for Domains now allows for 10 items, instead of the previous 5, to select from.
Other Resolved Issues
- Fixed a condition that could result in two XDMCP dialogs being shown for one X server, resulting in a dialog that couldnât be dismissed.
- Addressed an issue when âServers out of syncâ errors would appear in the node log where a user joins and takes control of a session.
- Better support for Reflection Window Manager (RWM) tracking managed window locations when they are moved by user action.
- Increased a thread limit to prevent a domain controller from hanging during periods of high usage.
- X client windows will no longer become black when moved off-screen then back on-screen. Also improved logic that would infrequently allow a portion of an X client window to be black or a Windows preview of the X client to be black.
- Cut down on overhead of window configurations and drawing operations to improve condition where text fields could be slow to update when a window is being resized.
- X Manager for Domains now better handles when a domain controller goes down so that log messages warning âUnable to obtain a new user certificateâ will no longer appear.