This update is identified as version 9.3.2650 or 18.104.22.16850. Also, Reflection FTP Client 14.1 SP4 Update 1 (installer version 22.214.171.1249; version 14.1.558 in Help > About after installation) is provided as a separate download and installation.
Obtaining and Installing the Update
Maintained customers are eligible to download extra-9.3.2650-update-w32.exe from the Downloads website at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/. For more information about logging into and using the download site, see KB 7021965.
For information on applying this update to your existing 9.3 or 9.3 SP1 installation, see KB 7021364.
If you connect to HP NonStop/Tandem hosts, the Extra! 6530 Client Option (CAIL add-on) has not been updated for this release. See KB 7021712 for instructions on installing version 9.3 Service Pack 1.
New Features and Resolved Issues
This update includes all features and fixes previously released in version 9.3 Service Pack 1 (as described in KB 7021712), plus the following additional changes.
- Extra! will now run on Microsoft Windows 10 without errors at load time. For more information, see KB 7021713.
- The ability to hide a TN3270 Associated Printer Session at launch time has been added by setting the printer session EPP file parameter to WindowsState=0.
- The host port information configured in a printer session profile (EPP file) can now be used when the display session loads an Associated TN3270 printer session. The value AssociateUseTerminalCx=0 can be used in the [Connection] section of the printer session EPP file to allow the Associated printer session to connect to a different Host than the display session.
- The PKCS7 NULL pointer dereferences vulnerability has been resolved (CVE-2015-0289). For more information, see Security Alerts - Extra!.
- The Base64 decode vulnerability has been resolved (CVE-2015-0292). For more information, see Security Alerts - Extra!.
- Extra! no longer allows the use of a RSA temporary key in a non-export RSA key exchange cipher suite which would downgrade the security of a TLS 1.2 session (CVE-2015-0204). For more information, see Security Alerts - Extra!.
- Reflection FTP Client Stack Buffer Overflow Remote Code Execution Vulnerability has been resolved (CVE-2014-5211): For more information, see Security Alerts - Extra!.
- When the IBM host session security type is set to Microsoft SSL v.3.0, both the âVerify server certificateâ and âHost name must match certificateâ options now work as documented.
- 5250 terminal sessions where the AS/400 sends large amounts of screen data followed immediately by Save Screen commands no longer will randomly crash.
- Connection information for 5250 Host sessions is now displayed on the status bar for all localized non-English language versions.
- Launching a display session (EDP file) with a TN3270 Associated printer session (EPP file) via an OLE application will now correctly launch both the display and printer sessions in a reliable manner.
- The EXTRA.EXE process for an "Associated 3270 printer session" will now consistently close when the EXTRA.EXE process for a display session is closed by an automation or API application.
- ZoomText magnification and screen reading software for the visually impaired is now able to track the cursor in 3270 emulation sessions under Windows 7.
- Resolved an issue where random errors of âFailed to destroy ACT_aomTN3270 Objectâ¦" occurred when connecting and disconnecting numerous EXTRA! TN3270 sessions at the same time.
- Reflection FTP Client will successfully load with no errors when run as a Published Application under Citrix XenApp 6.5.