This technical note outlines the new features available in Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On, as well as product release notes.
Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On Features
Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On is the upgrade to the Reflection for NonStop 2011 or 2008 Add-On and EXTRA! 6530 Client Option. It provides connectivity to HP NonStop (Tandem 6530) hosts and gives enterprises the broadest range of host connectivity options and a consistent user experience. Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On features are listed below.
Release 1 Service Pack 1 (R1+SP1)
The following improvements and resolved issues are available in Reflection for NonStop 2014 Release 1 Service Pack 1 (R1+SP1), available November 2014:
- The OpenSSL version used for encrypting data between desktops and Tandem NonStop hosts has been updated to address security concerns. The 6530 SSL code is now based on the latest OpenSSL 1.0.1 branch and is not susceptible to the âHeartbleedâ vulnerability. For more information, see KB 7021974.
- Hotspots are now supported in 6530 sessions in both conversational and block mode where words are delimited by any non-alpha or non-numeric character. In conversational mode, double-clicking on a hotspot word will simply send the word. If the double-click is on a âSFnâ or âFnâ word, then it will send the function key sequence. In block mode, hotspots are only effective in block protect submode, and double-clicking on a âSFnâ or âFnâ word will send the function key sequence.
- Resolved a problem with SSH connections to 6530 Host systems where DSA private key authentication could sometimes fail even with a valid key.
- The reverse backslash key is now correctly sent during an HP NonStop FTP transfer where it is used to signify a different HP NonStop system than the one on which the FTP server is running.
Release 1 (R1)
The following features and resolved issues are available in Reflection for NonStop 2014 Release 1 (R1), available February 2014:
- For 6530 sessions the default values for the screen scrolling speed have been updated to be set as âDisplay Delayâ as 1 and âScrolling Speedâ as 24.
- The scroll back memory for 6530 sessions has been increased from 99 to 400 pages so more historical data is available, maximizing end-user productivity with access to a large quantity of scroll back memory, in-line command history for reusing/editing previous commands, and support for various screen sizes so you can see more data on one screen.
- Support added for host screen sizes up to 54 rows by 150 columns so more data is accessible on one 6530 screen.
- Resolved issues related to handling of the Num Lock state of the keyboard.
- Corrected display issues related to maximizing a window whose initial size contained a small number of rows.
- Enumeration of the Sessions object works properly for all numbers of sessions.
- API Field String object length is now correctly set.
- Resolved an FTP file transfer issue that could result in a âFile Transfer abortedâ error 27 when using the HLLAPI send or receive file method.
- Support added for SSH cipher encryption type ARCFOUR.
- Single character prompts now display properly even if the display delay is set to a large value.
- A popup dialog box will display an error message if a write failure occurs during logging.
Obtaining the Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see KB 7021965.
For information about purchasing Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
After you download the package, follow the installation steps below.
- Install or update the Reflection 2014 product. The Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On must be the same version as the Reflection 2014 product.
- Extract the files from the Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On Download Package.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded Reflection for NonStop Add-On package.
- When prompted, select the folder where you want to unzip the files. Click OK.
- Install the Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On.
- Navigate to the location where you unzipped the Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On files.
- Run setup.exe.
Converting EXTRA! 6530 Client Option User Settings
At this time, Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On does not support the conversion of user settings, like session files and macros, created with EXTRA! 6530 Client Option.
Manual Administrative Installation
The Reflection for NonStop 2014 Add-On installer does not currently support an automated administrative installation. To perform an administrative installation, enter the following command on the command line:
setup.exe /install /admin TARGETDIR=[admin install location]
Information Privacy Not Supported
At this time, privacy filters are not supported in 6530 sessions; you cannot redact data as it is typed into a 6530 session. However, privacy filters do apply to 6530 screen information when used outside the terminal, such as sending data to Microsoft Office Tools documents, like Word or Outlook.
Localized Product Issues
If you're running Reflection 2014 in a language other than English, you may see some non-localized 6530 user interface options.