Verastream Host Integrator (VHI) 7.6 Service Pack 1 (SP1, version 7.6.1026) released in June 2014. This technical note describes product enhancements and fixes. If you are using a previous version, we recommend that you review this information before upgrading.
Note: A newer version of this product, Verastream Host Integrator 7.7, released February 2015. For details, see KB 7021308.
What's New in Version 7.6 SP1?
This release includes the previous 7.6 updates (described in KB 7021313), plus the following new updates:
Security Features and Security Updates
- SSH support is included for secure connections to VT hosts (UNIX/Linux or OpenVMS). In Design Tool, select SSH as the Transport Type. You no longer need to implement SSH tunneling with a separate SSH client product. For more information, see http://docs2.attachmate.com/verastream/vhi/7.6sp1/en/topic/com.attachmate.vhi.help/html/reference/ssh_overview.xhtml.
- TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are supported for Telnet communication with the host. See also KB 7021544.
- Web service WSDLs can be disabled on a server-, model-, or pool-specific basis. For more information, see KB 7021311.
- Specific table procedures can be hidden from the web services WSDL, Web Services Explorer, and web applications generated by Web Builder. In Design Tool, the âHide in web services and Web Builderâ option is in the Tables dialog box.
- Email Notification now works with mail servers that require authentication. If your mail server requires a username and password for sending email, enable SMTP authentication in Administrative Console (Session Server Properties > Notifications > E-mail Settings). If your mail server supports TLS, these credentials are transmitted to the mail server over an encrypted connection.
- Multiple OpenSSL vulnerabilities are addressed by a cryptography library update. For more information, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
- âHeartbleedâ security vulnerability addressed. See also KB 7021974 and https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
- Java updated to address multiple vulnerabilities. For more information, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
Scalability and Stability Updates
- On Windows platforms, session server memory usage was modified to enhance scalability and robustness. In version 7.6.44 or earlier, problems occurred when attempting to start a pool with more than 1000 idle sessions.
- To avoid session server startup problems on systems without Internet access, <generatePublisherEvidence enabled="false"/> is set by default. For more information, see KB 7021334.
- Resolved an issue with the web services SOAP stack handling more than 64000 requests. SOAP responses contained ParseError JAXP00010001 as described in KB 7021312.
- Separate 32-bit COM Connector API installer is now provided: The 32-bit connector provides compatibility for 32-bit client applications (such as Microsoft Office/Excel), even though the rest of Windows Server Kit and Development Kit are 64-bit only since version 7.5. For more information on running ComConnector.msi, see âInstalling a 32-bit COM connectorâ on page 10 of the Installation Guide at http://docs2.attachmate.com/verastream/vhi/7.6sp1/en/topic/com.attachmate.vhi.help/install_guide.pdf.
- Colors and graphics have been updated for a modern Attachmate visual style.
- Last-used server names are remembered in Design Tool > Deploy to Remote Server.
- Fixed installation error on Linux (âexpr: non-numeric argument ... unary operator expectedâ) when using install-input file.
- Fixed multiple issues in HTML5 web applications when accessed by iOS and Android devices (including keyboard overwrite mode, resizing, and disconnecting issues).
- Fixed cursor positioning issue in HTML5 web application displaying 5250 terminal screens.
Obtaining Your Product Update
Customers with a current maintenance plan are eligible to download Verastream Host Integrator 7.6+SP1 from the Attachmate Download Library at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
For more information on using the Download Library, see KB 7021965.
Note: The product download is a full product package that can be used for new installations or to upgrade existing installations.
Installing Your Product Update
For more information about installing the update on an existing installation, refer to the appropriate Technical Note: