This technical note lists the product enhancements in Reflection for the Web 2014, and includes release notes about known issues and additional resource information.
Note: A newer version of this product, Reflection for the Web 2014 R2, released February 2015. For details, see KB 7022086.
New Features in Reflection for the Web 2014
Reflection for the Web 2014 includes the following:
- Support for Java 7 for both client and servers, and smoother integration with new Java security features.
Java detection is disabled by default. This change enables the Reflection clients to start more quickly on user desktops, and may avoid some Java 7 pop-up messages.
If you want to enable Java detection, open Administrative WebStation, and click Settings. On the General tab, click Enable Java version detection. The text describes situations where Java detection can be useful.
- Support for TLS 1.2.
- Support for SHA 256 hash algorithms.
- Support for SFTP protocol version 4 and 5. If interrupted, file transfers will resume.
- Activation files.
Activation files enable you to easily upgrade from a product evaluation to a production deployment. You can also supplement the currently installed product with support for additional session types without restarting the Management Server.
For example, if you installed Reflection for the Web for thin client support, you can add Reflection Security Gateway to support your Windows-based Attachmate product sessions by using an activation file.
- Improved log file format.
Logs have been improved to simplify troubleshooting and monitoring of events and errors, and to use a widely known XML schema for smoother integration with management frameworks. Events are sequenced so that order can be determined even for events that occurred in the same millisecond.
Automated systems that monitor log files from previous product versions may have to be adapted to work with the new log format. See KB 7021592 for more information about the new log format.
- Reflection PKI Services Manager 1.3, a service that provides certificate validation services, is now available with Reflection for the Web 2014. For an overview of Reflection PKI Services Manager, see KB 7021870.
- Support for Windows Single Sign-on NTLM version 2.
- Autoconnect support for FTP Client.
- Ability to customize the tooltips on the button palette for a Web-based client session.
- Configurable support for form feeds in IBM 3270 LU3 printer sessions.
- SFTP/SSH support through the security proxy (requires purchase of additional module).
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and IIS 8.
This section describes known issues in Reflection for the Web 2014. If you encounter an issue, contact Attachmate Technical Support for information about a potential update to resolve the issue or configuration changes to work around the issue.
- If a user attempts to log in to the Reflection management server using an Active Directory account that has been disabled, the mechanism that logs a message in the trace log may not function properly, and the log message may not contain some information relevant to troubleshooting the problem.
- Client certificates stored in files that are not protected by passphrases may not be able to be read by the emulation clients when used with a non-default JCE provider.
- Client certificates may not be able to be read from smart cards when used with a non-default JCE provider.
Reflection for the Web 2014 Editions
Reflection for the Web 2014 offers five editions. The components included in each edition are outlined in Technical Note 2689.
Note: Reflection for the Web 2014 Limited Edition is available only as a component of Reflection Enterprise Suite 2014, and does not include HP emulation or the Reflection Security Proxy Server.
Obtaining Your Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
For more information on using the Download Library, see KB 7021965.
For information about purchasing Reflection for the Web 2014 R1, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
Installing or Upgrading Your Product
For information about installing your product, see the Reflection for the Web 2014 Installation Guide: https://docs.attachmate.com/reflection/rweb/2014/r1/installguide/en/.
For information about installing the product over an existing installation, see "Upgrading from a Previous Version" in the Reflection for the Web 2014 Installation Guide: https://docs.attachmate.com/reflection/rweb/2014/r1/installguide/en/.
For more information about Reflection for the Web 2014, see the Technical Resources page: https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RWEB2014.
Reflection for the Web 2014 Installation Guide is available on the Attachmate Support site: https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rweb2014.html.
Note that the documentation for all editions is the same; some of the documented features may not be available in your edition.
Legacy KB ID
This document was originally published as Attachmate Technical Note 2671.