This technical notes lists the features and fixes in Reflection X Advantage (RXA) version 5.0 Service Pack 1 Update 1, which is provided with Reflection 2014 Service Pack 1 Update 1 (R1 SP1 Update 1).
Note: A newer version, Reflection X Advantage 5.1, released October 2015. See KB 7021837.
This update is identified as version 5.0.985.
If you have an existing installation of Reflection X 2014 or Reflection Pro 2014 on Windows, this Reflection X Advantage update is available by applying Reflection 2014 R1 SP1 Update 1 (version 184.108.40.2062) as described in KB 7021435.
Whatâs New in Reflection X Advantage 5.0 SP1 Update 1?
The following features and resolved issues are available in Reflection X Advantage 5.0 SP1 Update 1.
- The new ârxsconfig restartâ command permits restarting individual service processes without restarting the entire service.
- Fixes previously released in version 5.0 SP1 on 12-Nov-2014 and 5.0 Update 1 on 20-May-2014. For a list of these resolved issues, see KB 7021835 and KB 7021434 respectively.
- X client window decorations such as Minimize and Maximize buttons now appear correctly when a window is closed and re-opened.
- X client window backgrounds based on a pixmap image now paint correctly when the pixmap image is changed from its initial content.
- Mouse input is now correctly forwarded after handling AllowEvents (ReplayPointer) protocol.
- A domain controller will no longer block indefinitely when publishing information such as session status updates to remote X Manager for Domains instances. Previously, a network connectivity problem with one X Manager instance could impact all domain users.
- A domain session no longer remains permanently in Created state if an error occurs while starting the session. The X Administrative Console can now stop sessions that are in any state.
- After attempting to start more client instances than permitted by an SSH serverâs MaxSessions configuration, the session can now be successfully stopped. Previously, the session would remain permanently in the Stopping state.
- Remote method invocation (RMI) timeouts are now less likely to occur. A domain node encountering this problem now automatically reconnects to the domain controller.
- The X Administrative Console no longer hangs after logging out and logging in to a domain.
- Security vulnerability fixes are included for the following. For further information, see Security Alerts - Reflection X Advantage.
- Diffie-Hellman Logjam Vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-4000)
- Multiple X.Org BDF Font Parser Vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-1802, CVE 2015-1803, CVE-2015-1804)
- FreeType Library Vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-9657 and CVE-2014-9658)
- Multiple Oracle Java Vulnerabilities