Reflection Pro 2014 R1 SP1
Reflection X Advantage version 5.0 SP1
This technical note lists the features and fixes in Reflection X Advantage (RXA) version 5.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1), which is provided with Reflection 2014 Service Pack 1 (R1 SP1).
Note the following:
- This service pack is superseded by Service Pack 1 Update 1 which released August 2015. See KB 7021836.
- Reflection X Advantage 5.0 SP1 is included with Reflection X 2014 R1 SP1 and Reflection Pro 2014 R1 SP1. For a list of features and fixes in other Reflection 2014 components, see KB 7021432.
- For Windows, the Reflection 2014 service pack installer is applied to an existing installation of Reflection X 2014 or Reflection Pro 2014. For Linux/UNIX, service pack updates are included in separate Reflection X Advantage downloads, which can be used for either new installations or to update an existing installation.
- Reflection X Advantage 5.0 SP1 (version 5.0.945) includes fixes previously released in version 5.0 Update 1 (version 5.0.906) on 20-May-2014. For a list of these resolved issues, see the Reflection X Advantage section in KB 7021434.
Whatâs New in Reflection X Advantage 5.0 SP1?
The following features and resolved issues are available in Reflection X Advantage 5.0 Service Pack 1.
- SOCKS proxy support is now available for Secure Shell Connections on a per client basis. To configure an X client connection to use SOCKS:
- Go to Tools > Secure Shell SOCKS Proxies to configure a connection to one or more SOCKS proxy servers.
- In your client definition, set Connection method to Secure Shell (the default), and click Advanced to open the Advanced Secure Shell Settings dialog box.
- Click the SOCKS Proxy tab and select a SOCKS proxy from the drop-down list.
- Reflection X Advantage now fully supports IPv6 connections.
- Fixes previously released in version 5.0 Update 1 on 20-May-2014. For a list of these resolved issues, see the Reflection X Advantage section in KB 7021434.
- Pasting a large amount of date from the clipboard into an X client with a distributed session no longer fails with InvalidProtocolException.
- Selecting a large amount of data for the clipboard no longer results in a "Server out of sync with session" error.
- Client applications now launch as expected when Windows clipboard contains double-byte characters.
- A number of changes have been made to improve performance when using the clipboard.
- This service pack addresses an issue that could result in a user being added to the Administrator's group incorrectly after a default administrator has already been assigned.
- This service pack resolves a problem that could result in missing text in a big-endian client application. Text drawn with glXUseXFont GLX request where call lists use indices that are more than 1 byte in size now work correctly.
- Client sessions configured to use RSH now connect reliably. Prior to this service pack some RSH connections failed with "Host communication failure: permission denied."
- Extra whitespace in the "Domain:" field no longer causes an "Invalid domain address" error.
- Clients that attempt to get an image in XYPixmap format no longer fail shortly after launch with error messages that include "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8160." and "[ERROR]: Client <n> has been closed because an exception occurred while processing one of its requests."
- The Domain Controller no longer starts logging "OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" after running for a number of weeks. These errors were caused by an RMI response timeout.
- When logging into an upgraded domain controller, there is no longer a âFailed to connect to domainâ error displayed with âTLS communication error: Received fatal alert: handshake_failureâ in the xmanager.log file.
- When there is a large amount of data in the Windows clipboard and you return focus to an xterm in a fault tolerant session, the xterm application no longer appears to be hung or nonresponsive for several seconds.
- Font resizing now works as expected when "Allow font scaling" is enabled.
- This service pack resolves a problem that caused the error message ":NumberFormatException: For input string: "=99", in UndefinedKeyAdapter.getIntValue()" to appear in the X Manager log file.
- X client dialog boxes now correctly get focus when you click on the dialog box frame. Prior to this fix, you had to click in the window of some X client dialog boxes to bring them to focus.
- Sessions with a headless server can now be joined as expected. Prior to this service pack some attempts to rejoin a session failed with the message: "The server has been disconnected from the session due to an unexpected error: java.lang.NullPointerException. If the session is still running, you may attempt to re-join it."
- This service pack resolves a reported problem that could cause a flashing application error that then disallowed further control of the X Manager or X clients already displayed. A transient-for attribute that points to the same window is now ignored.
- When Reflection X Advantage is configured to use the Reflection Security Gateway Proxy server, TLS version 1.0 connections are not supported. To support use of the Security Proxy with Reflection X Advantage, you must configure the Security Proxy to use TLS 1.2 and Reflection PKI Services.