Support Portal (portal.microfocus.com)
Need assistance from a support engineer/product specialist.
Contact Micro Focus Customer Support through the online web portal.
Open a new support case, traditionally known as a Support Incident (SI), Service Request (SR), or ticket.
See also Video: New Case Creation
- In the Support Portal top navigation menu, click Cases > New Case.
- If you are not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so. See also Logging into Micro Focus.
- Complete required information. It is recommended that you complete the fields in the order below, as subsequent items are dependent on earlier choices.
- Account: If you are associated with multiple Accounts, you will need to select one. (The field is greyed out if you are associated with a single Account.)
- Case Type: To ensure we get the right expert team to assist, select an appropriate type:
- Technical Issue: Product issue that requires assistance from a support engineer. This case type requires that you are associated with an active support entitlement.
- Licensing: Issue with the Licensing & Downloads website, or getting user access to Licenses & Downloads so you can access license keys/codes, software, and patches for your product(s). Assistance is provided by Regional License Delivery Center. This case type requires that you are associated with an active support entitlement on the Support Portal.
- Website Functionality: Issue with the Support Portal website.
- Access Request: Issue with getting associated with an active support entitlement on the Support Portal so you can open a product technical or licensing case.
- Non-Technical Enquiry: Other administrative questions, or request for non-product information.
- Physical Update Shipment: Request for delivery of software on physical media (shipped CD).
- Product: Select the Micro Focus product from your entitled products. Required for a Technical Issue or Licensing case. Note: If your entitled product is not listed, as a workaround, please change the Case Type to Non-Technical Enquiry and note your product at the beginning of the Description below.
- Product Platform: Applicable operating system(s). Required for a Technical Issue or Licensing case. If your specific platform(s) is not listed, please provide details in your long description.
- Entitlement: Select an available support contract service level, such as Business Support. Required for a Technical Issue or Licensing case.
- Product Version: If your specific minor version, service pack level, or hotfix is not listed, please pick the closest previous version and provide further detail in your long description.
- Severity: Urgency of the issue based on impact. See severity levels and target response times in the Customer Support Handbook.
- Priority: Importance of this issue to your organization (Critical, High, Medium, Low).
- Subject: Enter a short title or abstract of the issue, such as an error message. Note: After you move cursor focus out of this field, a pop-up window provides knowledge suggestions based on your Product and Subject.
- Description: Provide a detailed description of your issue including:
- Error messages or symptom of unexpected behavior
- Steps to duplicate the problem
- Impact of the issue