See also Video: Searching Knowledge
Whatâs in the Knowledge Base?
- Community posts, including user discussions and Idea Exchange enhancement requests
- Product documentation (manuals) authored by product engineering teams
- Knowledge articles (KB/TID) authored by Micro Focus support engineers across multiple systems
- Patch descriptions, e.g., service packs applied to products to address issues
- Known Problem (defect/Change Request) records for issues reported to product engineering
- Security Bulletins/Alerts for product vulnerability fixes and mitigations
- Downloads for apps, add-ons, code samples, and utilities (Marketplace and Download2)
- White papers, articles, and other marketing resources on www.microfocus.com
Do I need to log in?
How do I search?
Narrowing your Search
- Under Concepts, enter search terms and click the magnifying glass.
- Boolean logic: Concepts can include AND, OR, NOT. Also, logical OR is achieved with multiple terms in a single concept, and logical AND is equivalent to multiple concepts and/or filters.
- Exact phrase, no word stemming: Surround with " (quote characters).
- Wildcards: Use ? (question mark) to replace a single character.
- Under Filters, you can narrow results based on certain metadata (date, product, document type, etc.). Click the expansion controls, or search the filters using the Filter edit box (especially useful for products).
Navigating Search Results
- Results can be sorted by Relevance or Date (newest first).
- Click Next Page button to see more results.
- In the upper left, click Save Query.
- In the popup, enter a label name for the query and click Save Query button.
- In the upper left, click Get Query to see your saved queries.
- Click on the query you wish to perform. Be careful not to click on the X to delete it!