Reflection Desktop (including Pro, for X, for IBM, or for UNIX and OpenVMS) 16.2 or higher
Supported Operating Systems
Operating System Minimum (Recommended)
Reflection X Advantage 16.2
Reflection Desktop 16.2*
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, 32- and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 32- and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise or Ultimate), 32- and 64-bit
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with Remote Desktop Services, for multi-user environments
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 with Remote Desktop Services, for multi-user environments
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R1 or R2 with Remote Desktop Services, for multi-user environments
* To use the Office integration features in Reflection Desktop, Microsoft Office 2007 or higher must be installed.
** Linux platforms must support Java 8.
Windows 10 âWindows as a Serviceâ Support Statement
Reflection Desktop (RD) 16.2 will work on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 (1607) and higher. RD 16.2 requires .NET v4.7.1, thus it is not compatible with LTSB 2015.
Supported Virtualization Platforms
- Citrix XenApp
Note: Reflection Desktop TouchUx User Interface Mode is supported with Citrix 6.5 or higher.
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- VMware Workstation/Player
- VMware ThinApp
Note: Reflection is supported only on Citrix versions currently supported by Citrix.
Support for 64-bit WindowsWhere listed in the Supported Operating Systems table, 64-bit Windows operating systems are supported. Reflection Desktop Pro and Reflection Desktop for X have separate downloads for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. The 64-bit product contains:
- Reflection X Advantage, a native 64-bit application that uses the 64-bit Java runtime environment (JRE).
- Reflection Desktop (Reflection Workspace), with host emulation for UNIX and OpenVMS and/or host emulation for IBM, is a 32-bit application. However, the 64-bit .NET Framework Runtime is used on Windows 64-bit operating systems, which also supports native 64-bit applications calling the Reflection Desktop .NET API.
Reflection X Advantage 16.2 or higher
- System Requirements
1 GHz, 32-bit or 64-bit (2 GHz or higher dual-core, 32-bit or 64-bit recommended)
Memory (RAM):2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
Reflection X Advantage requires Java. If you install using the Setup program (setup.exe), a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed by default. It is also possible to configure Reflection X Advantage to use a different JRE. For details about how to configure a non-default JRE, see "Changing the JRE" in the Reflection X Advantage help.Note: If you install Reflection on Windows directly with MSI or with a deployment tool, you must install Java directly. To do this, use MicroFocusJava.msi, in the subfolder Prerequisites\JDK.