Supported Operating Systems
|Operating System Minimum (Recommended)||Reflection X Advantage 17.0||Reflection Desktop 17.0*|
|Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2019 with Remote Desktop Services, for multi-user environments||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2016 with Remote Desktop Services, for multi-user environments||Yes||Yes|
|Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R1 or R2 with Remote Desktop Services, for multi-user environments||Yes||Yes|
* To use the Office integration features in Reflection Desktop, Microsoft Office 2013 or higher must be installed.
** Linux platforms must support Java 8.
Windows 10 âWindows as a Serviceâ Support Statement
Reflection Desktop (RD) 17.0 will work on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 (1607) and higher. RD 17.0 requires .NET v4.7.1, thus it is not compatible with LTSB 2015.
Supported Virtualization Platforms
- Citrix Virtual Apps, Citrix Virtual Desktops, Citrix XenApp, and Citrix XenDesktop
Note: Reflection Desktop TouchUx User Interface Mode is supported with Citrix versions 6.5 or higher.
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
- VMware Workstation/Player
- VMware ThinApp
Note: Reflection is supported only on Citrix versions currently supported by Citrix.
Support for 64-bit Windows OnlyReflection Desktop Pro and Reflection Desktop for X require a 64-bit installation of the Windows operating system. The 64-bit product contains:
- Reflection X Advantage, a native 64-bit application that uses the 64-bit Java runtime environment (JRE).
- Reflection Desktop (Reflection Workspace), with host emulation for UNIX and OpenVMS and/or host emulation for IBM, is a 32-bit application. However, the installation program is 64-bit only, and the 64-bit .NET Framework Runtime is used on Windows 64-bit operating systems, which also supports native 64-bit applications calling the Reflection Desktop .NET API.
Reflection Desktop and Reflection X Advantage 17.0 or higher
- System Requirements
2 GHz, 64-bit (1.5 GHz or higher multi-core recommended)
Memory (RAM):2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE):
Reflection X Advantage requires Java. If you install using the Setup program (setup.exe), a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed by default. It is also possible to configure Reflection X Advantage to use a different JRE. For details about how to configure a non-default JRE, see "Changing the JRE" in the Reflection X Advantage help.Note: If you install Reflection on Windows directly with MSI or with a deployment tool, you must install Java directly. To do this, use MicroFocusJava.msi, in the subfolder Prerequisites\JDK.