Reflection for Secure IT UNIX Server version 8.0 Service Pack 1
Reflection for Secure IT 8.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Client and Server for UNIX is available for new and maintained customers. This technical note lists the new features and fixes included in version 8.0 SP1.
Note the following:
New Features in 8.0 SP1
The following features in version 8.0 SP1 are available in both the Client and Server for UNIX:
- Support for Oracle Solaris 11 SPARC has been added using the new Image Packaging System (IPS).
Client New Feature
- The output from batch mode scp and sftp transfers can now be redirected to stdout.
Server New Features
- The condstart (conditional restart) option has been added to the server scripts. This option only starts the server daemon if it is currently running. Note that this applies to all supported platforms except Solaris 10 or higher that use the Service Management Facility (SMF).
- The MaxSessions keyword has been added to the server configuration (sshd2_config). This keyword specifies the maximum number of multiplexed sessions supported over a single TCP connection. Setting this value to 1 disables connection reuse.
Resolved Issues in 8.0 SP1
The following issues were resolved in 8.0 SP1.
Client Resolved Issues
- The client no longer displays any messages when StrictHostKeyChecking is set to No.
- File uploads using sftp no longer fail to WinSSHD servers.
Server Resolved issues
- Suspended remote SSH processes no longer cause CPU spikes on the server when a rekey occurs.
- Multiple certificates will be attempted if the first certificate presented for authentication fails.
- Interrupting a remote command with Ctrl+C when the client configuration keyword RelaySignals=INT is defined, no longer disconnects other active SSH sessions to the same server.
- The client and server TrustAnchor keyword has been removed and is no longer supported. Reflection PKI Services Manager defines the list of trust anchors used for certificate authentication.
For current information about security alerts and advisories that may affect Reflection for Secure IT, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
Obtaining the Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/. For more information about logging into and using the Download Library, see KB 7021965.
Note: If you download an Oracle Solaris, HP-UX, or IBM AIX package using Internet Explorer, the uppercase (.Z) extension is changed to lowercase (.z). You will need to rename the file name to use an uppercase Z before you can uncompress your files.
For information about purchasing Reflection for Secure IT, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
Support for Oracle Solaris 11 SPARC has been added. For more information about supported platforms, see KB 7022010.
Installing or Upgrading to Reflection for Secure IT 8.0 SP1 References
Once you have downloaded the product, back up the /etc/ssh2 directory (which includes config files and host keys), uninstall your current version, and then install the latest product version. Procedures for installing and uninstalling are available in the User Guide, which is available from https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rsit_unix.html.
For more information about replacing an existing Secure Shell program (including using backup files to merge your non-default settings to the new configuration file), see KB 7021941 or the Help topic "Replace an Existing Secure Shell Program" in the User Guide, which is available from https://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rsit_unix.html.