Reflection for the Web version 12.3 released in June 2016. This technical note presents the features, known issues, and additional resource information.
This technical note includes the following topics:
Micro Focus became aware of a serious security vulnerability in this product that could lead to an information disclosure from the server(s) where it is installed. This vulnerability has been corrected in Reflection for the Web version 12.3.312. See https://support.microfocus.com/security/ for more information.
Features Introduced in Version 12.3
- Reflection for the Web is a web client that requires Host Access Management and Security Server to create, configure, and manage secure terminal emulation sessions.
- Automated installation installs Reflection for the Web and provides the option to either install Host Access Management and Security Server 12.3 or use an existing installation version 12.2 or higher. See KB 7022344 for details.
- Your Reflection for the Web 12.3 license entitles you to:
- Host Access Management and Security Server 12.3 (and updates). For more information, see the Management and Security Server Release Notes, KB 7021619.
- Security Proxy
- Terminal ID Manager
- Support for Solaris SPARC64
- Updated RSA module: RSA BSAFE Crypto-J JSAFE and JCE software module version 6.2.1
- For the latest Security Updates, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/?prod=RWEB.
- After version 12.3, 32-bit platforms will no longer be supported.
- Upgrading to Reflection for the Web 12.3 from Reflection for the Web 12.2 or Reflection for the Web 2014 R2 (12.1) is a direct process.
Upgrades from earlier versions required an initial upgrade to Reflection for the Web version 12.2, which includes Management and Security Server.
- On Windows, when the Reflection for the Web installer is used to install on a different server than the MSS server (when âUse remotely hosted MSSâ is selected), the shortcut created in the Windows Start menu is incorrect.
Two workarounds are available:
Workaround #1: Enter the URL for the Reflection for the Web server in the browser window. For example:
Admin login: https://<rwebhost>/mss/AdminStart.html
Workaround #2: Edit the shortcut in the Windows Start menu under Micro Focus Reflection for the Web.Adjust the shortcut to point to the <rwebhost> as in Workaround #1.
- If Reflection for the Web is installed into an existing MSS installation, the Security Proxy and other MSS components may not be enabled.
Note: This problem does not occur if MSS is installed using the Reflection for the Web installer.
Workaround: Copy the Reflection for the Web activation file, activation.rweb_<edition>-12.3.jaw, (from your download location) into three directories:
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\MSS\securityproxy\lib\modules
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\MSS\server\web\webapps\meter\WEB-INF\lib\modules
C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\MSS\server\web\webapps\tidm\WEB-INF\lib\modules
- The IIS Single Sign-On authentication scheme fails to authenticate valid users.
Use the workaround documented in KB 7021619 Host Access Management and Security Server 12.3 Release Notes. Look for this bullet in the Known Issues section.
Obtaining the Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Downloads website at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
For more information on using Downloads, see KB 7021965.
For information about purchasing Reflection for the Web, contact your sales representative (https://www.attachmate.com/company/contact/).
Installing or Upgrading
For information about installing or upgrading your product, see the Reflection for the Web Installation Guide: https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/rweb-12-3/rweb-installguide/.