Reflection for the Web version 12.2 released in October 2015. This technical note presents the new features, known issues, and additional resource information.
This technical note includes the following topics:
Micro Focus became aware of a serious security vulnerability in this product that could lead to an information disclosure from the server(s) where it is installed. This vulnerability has been corrected in Reflection for the Web 12.2.342. See https://support.microfocus.com/security/ for more information.
Features Introduced in Version 12.2
- A new management console. Host Access Management and Security Server provides the Administrative Server and the Administrative WebStation interface to centrally manage, secure, and monitor users' web-based access to mainframes and other hosts.
- Installation includes the Security Proxy Server and Terminal ID Management.
- Ability to augment Reflection for the Webâs functionality with add-on products, including
- PKI Automated Sign-On Add-On
- Automated Sign-On for Mainframe Add-On is an optional add-on product that enables users to automatically sign on to legacy green screen sessions hosted on z/OS systems, including 3270 sessions. To purchase the Automated Sign-On for Mainframe, contact Micro Focus, https://www.attachmate.com/company/contact/.
- For the latest Security Updates, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
- Reflection for the Web 12.2 has been signed using a SHA-256 digital certificate.
- Automated installers were updated to the latest Java critical update (Java 8 update 51).
- Tomcat was updated to version 6.0.44.
- Smart card support in RSA Crypto-J and SSL-J modules was enhanced.
- Enhanced support for a 3270 client to optionally send keep alive packets [System (TCP), Send NOP, Send Timing Mark].
- Added SiteMinder cluster support.
- During the upgrade of security proxy-only machines (typically from Reflection Security Gateway 2014), the following error message may be erroneously displayed and can be safely ignored.
An unexpected error occurred and a directory could not be moved to its new location. When the installer has completed, you will need to move this directory manually.
Move from: C:\Program Files\Attachmate\ReflectionServer\apache-tomcat\webapps\rweb\ex\supportfiles
Move to: C:\Program Files\Attachmate\ReflectionServer\apache-tomcat\webapps\mss\ex\supportfiles
- After a manual âno JREâ installation, neither the HttpsCertificateUtility nor the MssSecurityProxy run by default because of file permissions.
- To install on a Solaris/SPARC 64 platform, contact Technical Support (https://support.microfocus.com/contact/) for manual instructions.
Obtaining the Product
Beginning 06-Nov-2015, maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Downloads website at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
For more information on using Downloads, see KB 7021965.
For information about purchasing Reflection for the Web, contact your sales representative (https://www.attachmate.com/company/contact/).
Installing or Upgrading
For information about installing your product, see the Reflection for the Web Installation Guide at https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/rweb/rweb-installguide/.
If you are installing the product over an existing installation, see "Upgrading from a Previous Version" in the Installation Guide.
For more information about Reflection for the Web, including product documentation, additional technical notes, and Product Support Lifecycle status, see the Technical Resources page at https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RWEB.
Legacy KB ID
This document was originally published as Attachmate Technical Note 2820.