This technical note outlines the new features available in Reflection for Secure IT 8.1 Server for Windows (released August 2013), as well as product release notes.
Note: Reflection for Secure IT version 8.2 is available beginning in October 2014. For a list of new features in 8.2, see KB 7022025.
Note the following:
New Features in 8.1
The following new features are included in Reflection for Secure IT 8.1 Server for Windows:
- The VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) virtualization platform is supported as a host platform for supported operating systems.
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 x86_64 has been added.
- Reflection for Secure IT Server for Windows now uses the OpenSSL FIPS Object Module for FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validation (Certificate #1747).
- Files can now be renamed or copied between SFTP Virtual Directories.
- All algorithms negotiated during key exchange can be logged. To have this information logged you must enable the Protocol details event log level in Debug Logging or use Custom level and enable the LOG_T_SESSION_KEYEXCHANGE event.
Resolved Issues in 8.1
The following issues were resolved in Reflection for Secure IT 8.1 Server for Windows:
- An âan account failed to log onâ audit failure message is no longer logged to the Windows Event Viewer after a successful login.
- The default Number of public key attempts value is now correctly set to 100.
- Authenticating to the Reflection for Secure IT Server for Windows using the Windows âUser logon nameâ no longer fails.
- The Reflection for Secure IT Server for Windows now supports additional options for configuring identity mapping in the PKI Services Manager. See the âInstall and Configure PKI Services Managerâ topic in the User Guide, available in the product or from the documentation page: http://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rsit_win_server.html.
For current information about security alerts and advisories that may affect Reflection for Secure IT, see https://support.microfocus.com/security/.
Obtaining the Product
Maintained customers are eligible to download the latest product releases from the Attachmate Download Library web site: https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
You will be prompted to login and accept the Software License Agreement before you can select and download a file. For more information on using the Download Library web site, see KB 7021965.
For information about purchasing Reflection for Secure IT, please e-mail us: SalesRecept@attachmate.com.
For information about Reflection for Secure IT supported platforms, see KB 7022010.
Installing or Upgrading to 8.1
For information about installing and upgrading Reflection for Secure IT 8.1 Server for Windows, see the Installing and Upgrading topics in the User Guide, which is available in the product or from the documentation page, http://support.microfocus.com/manuals/rsit_win_server.html.
Legacy KB ID
This document was originally published as Attachmate Technical Note 2678.