This technical note outlines the features in Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250 (iOS app).
Note: To view of a list of frequently asked questions about this app, see KB 7022074.
Obtaining Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250
If you use an iPad or iPhone, search the Apple App Store on your device for "Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250." Alternatively; go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reflection-for-tn3270-tn5250/id1042111602?ls=1&mt=8.
Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250 currently supports:
- Apple iPad Mini, iPad Air, and iPad 2 models (running iOS 7 or higher). iPod touch is not currently supported.
- Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Reflection for TN3270 and TN5250 connects directly from your mobile device to your IBM 3270/5250 system.
Note: For product lifecycle information, see https://support.microfocus.com/programs/lifecycle/version-status.html?RMIBM.
Version 1.1.0 released September 2016. Updates include:
- Ability to scan/read barcodes using the camera into host input fields
- Support for standard mobile device management (MDM) application configurations
- Customize/secure app user-interface prior to deployment
- Support for iPad Pro native resolution, including app side by side support in Split View
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Version 1.0 released January 2016.
Key features in version 1.0 include:
- Double Tap to Enter Full Screen
- SSL/TLS 1.0 Support
- iOS 9 compatibility
- Multiple simultaneous terminal connections
- Fly out menu for function keys.