The following new features are included in Verastream SDK for Unisys and Airlines 5.0:
- Encryption with Secure Sockets Layer /Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) is supported for the following host systems: IBM TN3270, IBM TN5250, ALC MATIP, ALC Shares, T27 TCPA, UTS INT-1, and UTS MATIP.
The Verastream SDK uses the FIPS 140-2 validated RSA BSAFE SSL-J package from RSA to establish secure sessions using the SSL/TLS protocol. See KB 7021285.
- Terminal ID management using the Reflection ID Manager is supported for the following host systems: IBM TN3270, ALC MATIP, ALC Shares, T27 TCPA, UTS INT-1, UTS MATIP, and UTS PEPGate.
- The Oracle SE 7u51 Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or higher and the Microsoft .NET Framework v. 4.0 are supported.
- Visual Studio 2010 is supported.
- Updated sample applications and sample configurations are included.
The ALC Lantern and Sabre transports are not supported in this release.
Before You Start
Make sure that the Microsoft .NET framework and the Oracle JRE are installed as required:
- For COM and .NET applications, make sure that .NET Framework 4.0 or higher is installed.
- For all applications, make sure that Oracle SE 7u51 JRE or higher is installed.
COM and .NET applications developed with the Verastream SDK do not support the 64-bit JRE. For these applications, use the 32-bit JRE.
The Verastream SDK setup tool does not install the .NET framework or the JRE. You will need to install them separately.
Installing the Verastream SDK on a Server or Workstation
You can install the Verastream SDK on a workstation from the distributed install image.
Disable any virus-scanning software before beginning any installation. Running virus-scanning software during installation can result in missing or corrupted files, or other installation errors.
To verify that your machine meets the system requirements prior to installing the SDK, see System Requirements in the online Help, available from https://docs.attachmate.com/verastream/vsdk/5.0/airlinessdk/.
To Install the Verastream SDK on a Windows Machine:
You must log on with administrator privileges to install the product. If you do not have the necessary access rights, ask your system administrator to elevate your privileges.
- From the distribution image, click the setup.exe file, and then follow the instructions for the installer.
- (Optional) To personalize the installation, click the āUser Informationā tab and enter the name, organization, and Volume Purchase Agreement (VPA) number (if you have a VPA). VPA numbers are issued by Attachmate for volume purchase agreements. These numbers allow customer support to expedite service requests.
- (Optional) To change the default installation folder, click the āFile Locationā tab and browse to the folder in which you want to install the Verastream SDK.
- (Optional) If you are planning to use the SDK to develop .NET or COM-based applications, click the āFeature Selectionā tab and select the āVSDK COM/.NET Supportā option. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is required for this option.
- Click the āAdvancedā tab, and select āInstall To This PC.ā If you want to create a log file, select āCreate A Log File For This Installation.ā
If selected, the log file is created in the user's Windows temporary folder (%tmp%) with a naming format of atm-tendigitnumber.log.
- When you have reviewed all the prompts for the product configuration, click āInstall Now.ā
The install summary page opens.
To Install the Verastream SDK on a UNIX Machine:
- Copy or FTP the contents of the distribution image to your UNIX system.
- Use the utilities appropriate for your particular UNIX system to g-unzip verastreamSDKunix.tar.gz (or vsdk-5.0-prod-unix.tar.gz) and then un-tar the file to a temporary directory.
- Change directories to the temporary directory.
- Execute the VSDK_setup.sh script and follow the prompts.
The install script confirms your acceptance of the license agreement and the install location.
After the Verastream SDK has been successfully installed, you may remove the temporary installation directory.
The original Attachmate e-Vantage Airlines SDK interface is supported in this version. However, the Verastream SDK no longer supports the Microsoft JVM. As a result, the Verastream SDK contains different .tlb, .jar, .dll, and .h files than previous versions, and the screen object files have been consolidated into fewer files.
To use applications developed with the e-Vantage Airlines SDK, any existing CLASSPATH environment variables or makefiles/projects should be updated to reference the new jar files (Mutable.jar, SessionLoader.jar, ObjectManager.jar, jScreenUts.jar, jScreenAlc.jar, jScreenTn5250.jar, jScreenTn3270.jar, jScreenVt.jar, and jScreenT27.jar) where applicable. If secure connections are to be used, the following .jar files should also be referenced: cryptojce.jar, cryptojcommon.jar, jcmFIPS.jar, and sslj.jar.
You can review the following references before you install the product:
.NET Reference Guide: https://docs.attachmate.com/verastream/vsdk/5.0/ndoc/
Verastream SDK Guide: https://docs.attachmate.com/verastream/vsdk/5.0/airlinessdk/
Once the product is installed, these documents are available in the following locations, which you may want to bookmark for later reference:
|Verastream SDK Help
|Javadoc Reference Guide
|.NET Reference Guide
Obtaining Your Product Update
Customers with a current maintenance plan are eligible to download Verastream SDK for Unisys and Airlines from the Attachmate Download Library at https://download.attachmate.com/Upgrades/.
For more information on using the Download Library, see KB 7021965.
Note: The product download is a full product package that can be used for new installations or to upgrade existing installations.