Reflection ZFE version 2.0.2 released December 2016. This technical note lists the features and known issues in this release and information on how to obtain the product.
Reflection ZFE provides terminal emulation for 3270, 5250, VT, and UTS host types, while requiring only an HTML 5-capable browser.
New Features and Fixes
There have been five interim releases of Reflection ZFE. This list of features includes those provided in 2.0 level releases:
A new user friendly user interface (2.0.2)
VT color mapping (2.0.2)
New Display Settings, including cursor type and other options
Ability to log into the Reflection ZFE web client using single sign-on authentication through IIS and NTLM
- X.509 support (2.0.1)
- FIPS support â Reflection ZFE now supports the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 validated cryptographic modules. FIPS 140-2 is a US federal government security regulation. (2.0.1)
- User preferences â With administrator permission, users can customize their work environment (2.0)
- SiteMinder support (2.0)
- Automated Sign-On for Mainframe support (2.0)
- Enhanced copy and paste functions (2.0)
- Ability to export Reflection for the Web sessions to Reflection ZFE (2.0)
For a list of previous features and fixes, see KB 7021346.
In versions of Reflection ZFE prior to version 2.0.1, the administrator used the Settings > Macros panel to extend permissions for user-created macros. As of this release that functionality is available from the new Settings > User Preference Rules panel along with other end-user customization options.
If you encounter an issue in Reflection ZFE, contact Technical Support.
- Recommended Browsers
Obtaining the Product
After you purchase Reflection ZFE, the product is available to download from Attachmate Downloads: https://download.attachmate.com/. For more information on using the download website, see KB 7021965.
Installing the Product
The User Guide, https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/rzfe-2-0-2/rzfe-user/, has information on deployment and configuration options.
For more information about Reflection ZFE, see the Technical Resources page: https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RZFE.