Reflection ZFE version 2.0.1 released October 2016. This technical note lists the features and known issues in this release and information on how to obtain the product.
Reflection ZFE provides terminal emulation for 3270, 5250, VT, and UTS host types, while requiring only an HTML 5-capable browser.
Note: Micro Focus became aware of a serious security vulnerability in this product that could lead to an information disclosure from the server(s) where it is installed. This vulnerability has been corrected in Reflection ZFE version 188.8.131.52. See https://support.microfocus.com/security/ for more information.
New Features and Fixes
There have been five interim releases of Reflection ZFE. This list of features includes those provided in previous releases:
- X.509 support (2.0.1)
- FIPS support â Reflection ZFE now supports the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 validated cryptographic modules. FIPS 140-2 is a US federal government security regulation. (2.0.1)
- User preferences â With administrator permission, users can customize their work environment (2.0)
- SiteMinder support (2.0)
- Automated Sign-On for Mainframe support (2.0)
- Enhanced copy and paste functions (2.0)
- Ability to export Reflection for the Web sessions to Reflection ZFE (2.0)
- New settings and connection user interface (1.4)
- UTS INT1 support. Requires an activation file. (1.4)
- Terminal ID Manager support. Requires an activation file. (1.4)
- Host Access Management and Security Server Administrative Console (1.3)
- Enhanced macro functionality (1.3)
- IND$FILE file transfer support (1.2)
- Hotspots (1.2)
- Mobile touch support (1.1)
- Macros (1.1)
- Color mapping (1.1)
- Key mapping (1.1)
- Support for Microsoft Edge browser (1.1)
In versions of Reflection ZFE prior to version 2.0.1, the administrator used the Settings > Macros panel to extend permissions for user-created macros. As of this release that functionality is available from the new Settings > User Preference Rules panel along with other end-user customization options.
If you encounter an issue in Reflection ZFE, contact Technical Support.
- After modifying Management and Security Server Access Control Setup options in the Administrative Console, it is suggested that you restart the Reflection ZFE session server. This avoids the possibility of âAccess Deniedâ messages in the web client.
- Recommended Browsers
Obtaining the Product
After you purchase Reflection ZFE, the product is available to download from Attachmate Downloads: https://download.attachmate.com/. For more information on using the download website, see KB 7021965.
Installing the Product
The User Guide, https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/rzfe-2-0-1/rzfe-user/, has information on deployment and configuration options.
For more information about Reflection ZFE, see the Technical Resources page: https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RZFE.