New Features and Fixes
There have been six interim releases of Reflection ZFE. This list of features includes those provided in 2.0 level releases:
- Support for server side events (2.1)
- Additional display settings, including cursor color options, and on VT hosts; inverse video and auto wrap (2.1)
- Ability to map keys to strings (2.1)
- Print screen capabilities, including mainframe printing (2.1)
- Reflection ZFE is available in German (2.1)
- Micro Focus Screen Designer Plus customization feature (2.1)
- A new user friendly user interface (2.0.2)
- VT color mapping (2.0.2)
- New Display Settings, including cursor type and other options
- Ability to log into the Reflection ZFE web client using single sign-on authentication through IIS and NTLM
- X.509 support (2.0.1)
- FIPS support â Reflection ZFE now supports the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 validated cryptographic modules. FIPS 140-2 is a US federal government security regulation. (2.0.1)
- User preferences â With administrator permission, users can customize their work environment (2.0)
- SiteMinder support (2.0)
- Automated Sign-On for Mainframe support (2.0)
- Enhanced copy and paste functions (2.0)
- Ability to export Reflection for the Web sessions to Reflection ZFE (2.0)
For a list of previous features and fixes, see KB 7021346.
If you encounter an issue in Reflection ZFE, contact Technical Support.
- Recommended Browsers
Obtaining the Product
After you purchase Reflection ZFE, the product is available to download from Attachmate Downloads: https://download.attachmate.com/. For more information on using the download website, see KB 7021965.
Installing the Product
The User Guide, https://www.attachmate.com/documentation/rzfe-2-1/rzfe-user/, has information on deployment and configuration options.
ZFE and WebSockets
Reflection ZFE terminal emulation uses a technology called "WebSocket" for communications between a user's web browser and the ZFE server. WebSocket is a feature of the HTML5 specification, and is supported by current releases of all widely available web browser software. If your organization has done anything in router or networking configuration to disable WebSocket communications on your network, it will not be possible to use ZFE terminal sessions. For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket
For more information about Reflection ZFE, see the Technical Resources page: https://support.microfocus.com/product/?prod=RZFE.