Retain 2.x 3.x (Bug has been reported as of 3/12/2014 and behavior is expected to be changed in a future release)
Archiving a GroupWise system (all supported versions)
I can log in as the Admin but the GroupWise users can not log in with their GroupWise credentials.
There are various reasons why this can occur. You may want to first look at some of these things.
1. If you've using LDAP check out this KB: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7020290
2. If you're using SSL and are using the GroupWise client plugin: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7020639
3. Make sure you have your settings correct as lined out in the manuals found at http://support.gwava.com
One other reason that this can fail is because authentication was forced incorrectly in the GroupWise Module settings. To verify your settings:
1. Enter your GroupWise Module page as outlined in page 37 of the Retain 3.2.1 Admin guide.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the SOAP Tab section.
3. Expand out the "Mail Servers" section.
4. Make sure that if you have left the Login sections blank, that you leave the checkbox circled also blank. If you check the box circled in the below picture your GroupWise users will not be able to log in. Otherwise, use this section to force SOAP authentication to specific locations if you'd like it to be different that where you cache the address book from.
This article was originally published in the GWAVA knowledgebase as article ID 2269.