The steps to re-register an agent
- Remove the host from the Hosts Console in the Administration Console.
- From the Agent, execute the register command.
Please see Installing and Registering a Framework Agent for the proper registration command. For example:
/opt/netiq/npum/bin/unifi.exe regclnt register
Approach B - If there are no manager components installed, the easiest and best way to remedy agent registration issues is the following:
- Uninstall the agent. See Removing the Agent Components.
- Remove the install directory (default: /opt/netiq/npum or C:\Program Files\Netiq\npum\)
- Remove the agent from the Hosts Console (if present). See Deleting a Host.
- Re-install and re-register. See Installing the Agents.
Approach C - If the uninstall / reinstall steps suggested in Approach B can't be done, the following can be done to re-register:
- Stop the agent.
- Remove the Agent from the Hosts Console.
- Rename /opt/netiq/npum/service/local/service.* from the agent.
- Rename /opt/netiq/npum/service/local/.keystore from the agent.
- Start the agent.
- Register the agent.