- The new server has been installed.
- The Domain and Post Office data directories have been restored to the new server from backup.
Follow the steps below to install and configure MTA(s) and POA(s) for the restored directories:
- See documentation to Install the GroupWise Server Software.
- See TID 7015336 - How to install, configure new agents for a pre-existing GroupWise system.
- Verify proper agent configuration by visiting the GroupWise Administration of this new server:
Note: If there is a problem with settings not being realized, saved, or transferred, see Rebuilding Domain or Post Office Databases.
- Domain/MTA (Administration | Domains, Administration | Message Transfer Agents),
Post Office/POA (Administration | Post Offices, Administration | Post Office Agents):
- Is the path to the domain and post office correct? General | Folder
- Is the Network Address correct? Agent Settings | TCP/IP Address
- Is there a User Name and Password for HTTP? Agent Settings | HTTP
- Is the log directory valid? Log Settings | Log File Path
Note: Leaving this path blank is fine as the default /var/log/novell/groupwise path will be used; however, an invalid path will prevent the agent from starting. The same applies for the SSL settings below.
- Are the SSL Settings valid? SSL Settings
Note: If any agents report MTP Ports or Links as Closed, see the involved agent log files for further troubleshooting details.