The 5.40 iPrint Client introduced increased compatibility with Universal Printer Drivers and Bi-Directional Drivers when used with Printer Driver Profiles.
Using this update will allow non-standard printer driver settings provided by the HP Universal Printer Driver to be honored with Printer Driver Profiles.
The following components are required to obtain the benefits of this feature:
The /template/HP Universal Printing/template.txt must exist on the server. This file is obtained by downloading the updated iPrint client.
- Go to download.novell.com
- Click the "search patches" button
- Leave the drop down options at the default and search for the keyword:
- Click the red "Open Enterprise Server" option
- This option is valid whether the server is NetWare or Linux
- Choose the "20 Apr 2010 - iPrint Client for Windows XP/Vista/Win7 5.40 x86-64 x86" link
The same iManager iPrint plug-in requirements listed in KB 7004814 apply to this feature.
iManager NetWare iPrint Plug-in
'Invalid Parameter' message is displayed to Windows Vista and later OS's when installing an iPrint printer. The iPrint printer is installed, but the profile settings are not honored.
This problem occurs if the administrator created the Printer Driver Profile from a workstation running the 5.40 iPrint client or later, but the end user's iPrint client is an older version. The 2 workarounds are: