Novell ZENworks 7 Server Management Support Pack 1 - ZSM7 SP1 Management and Monitoring Service
Switch summary doesn't appear in ConsoleOne after the switch is successfully discovered.
To obtain a hot patch with the fix for this problem, follow the instructions in KB 3809227 "Updates to Novell ZENworks 7 Server Management" which can be found at https://www.novell.com/support.
Additionally the following steps required in order to retrieve the summary of the switch:
- Apply the Hot Patch version 3 or later from download.novell.com
- From ConsoleOne, select the switch or bridge whose summary is not displayed.
- Click on Switch Summary by right clicking on the switch, âDatabase Object Editorâ->âEditâ->âSwitch Summary â.
- In the switch summary pane, click on âAdd â button to add a switch summary record.
- In switch details pane:
a. Enter the port number for any port or the port number of the switch whose interface is connected to LAN.
b. Select the valid MAC address of the switch from the combo box.
c. Click on âBrowse â button, and select the same switch by going one context level up.
d. Click on âOk â.
- Click âOk â button to refresh the settings.
Some vendors' Layer 2 switches, which are discovered using MMS discovery don't have the switch summary displayed when the switch is viewed from ConsoleOne after it is successfully discovered.
This seems to be side effect of a scenario when the the designated bridge/switch is not discovered prior to discovering other switches in the LAN which are referring to designated switch which are STP enabled, or when the designated switch is not SNMP instrumented.