Domain Services for Windows
If the eDirectory database becomes corrupt and needs to be removed manually because ndsmanage or ndsconfig will not remove the database, then follow these steps to manually remove the eDirectory database from a server.
1) Rename ,delete, or open and clear the contents of the /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf file
2) Rename ,delete, or open and clear the contents of the /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/.edir/instances.0
If this file is renamed or deleted then create the file manually by using the touch command
Note: .edir is a hidden directory.
example: touch /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/.edir/instances.0
3) Rename or delete the /var/opt/novell/eDirectory/data/dib directory.
4) For OES2 Linux set sysconf to show eDir as not being configured
Either edit the /etc/sysconfig/novell/edir manually and change SERVICE_CONFIGURED="yes" to SERVICE_CONFIGURED="no" or run the following commands to change SERVICE_CONFIGURED="no"
sed -e 's/^SERVICE_CONFIGURED="yes"/SERVICE_CONFIGURED="no"/g' /etc/sysconfig/novell/edir
For OES11SP1 the file is /etc/sysconfig/novell/edir_oes11_sp1
5) If this server is the master of a partition(s) then designate another server as the master. See TID 7002415 to designate another server as the master.
6) Delete the server object from the tree.
7) Delete the ldap server, ldap group, and other objects related to this server.
8) Verify the replica ring is clean. If this server held a replica(s), go to the master of the partition it held and verify the server is no longer in the replica ring (ndsrepair -P -Ad). If it is present remove the server from the replica ring.