A utility/tool entitled "dbpasswordupdater" has been added to ZSM7SP1IR3A_HP1 code or later which enables this functionality. This utility can be found in the directory: Zenworks\PDS\Tool directory after installing this patch.
- Unzip the DBPasswordUpdater.zip.
- Open up a command prompt. Go to the location where DBPasswordUpdater.zip was unzipped.
- Open the DBPasswordUpdater.bat in a text editor and make sure that the "zsmpath" variable is pointing to correct location (should point to where ZENWorks is installed).
- Type DBPasswordUpdater.bat (for windows) or just DBPasswordUpdater(on NetWare).Press Enter.
- The tool will ask for the server/or IP of the server on which Database is running. Please enter the details.Press Enter.
- The tool then asks for the port number of the database. The default port number is 2638. Please enter it if you have not changed the port during installation. Else enter the correct port number.Press Enter.
- The tool will then ask for a Database user-id. Please enter the user-id for which password needs to be changed.Press Enter.
- The tool then asks for the new password. Enter it. Press Enter.
- The tool will try to connect to the database using the details entered by the admin, change the password and then save the changed password in the DB.properties.
For easy usage, this tool should be run on servers on which ZSM server is installed.