This seems to be related to the release of SLES 10 SP2 because this problem started happening around May 19th 2008, when SP2 was released.
After installing SLES 10 SP1, run the zen-updater or rug to get updates and after installing the below 4 SUSE patches, no channels will show up or no updates will show up via rug. Updates still show up via YOU (Yast Online Update)
This was caused by a faulty zmd rpm.
The fix is available as of May 30th, 2008 in the rpm package zmd-126.96.36.199-0.2.6, which is in the SUSE patch called âslesp1-libzyppâ version 5287-0.
For customers that have already been affected by this issue, rug and zen-updater are temporarily "broken", so the zmd rpm package needs to be updated via YOU (Yast Online Update):
- Run Yast
- Click on âSoftwareâ
- Click on âOnline Updateâ
- Change the filter to "Search" and search for this: zmd
- Right click on the zmd icon in the right panel and choose "Update"
- Click âAcceptâ. This should update the zmd rpm to version 188.8.131.52-0.2.6 and fix the issue.
- When it's finished, run this command to verify that zmd got updated to version 184.108.40.206-0.2.6: rpm -qa | grep zmd
- The above command should show this: zmd-220.127.116.11-0.2.6
- Run this command: rug ca
- These catalogs should show up:
StatusReported to Engineering