Applies To: Update Server 6.4 and above
Patch Name: ZPM Update Server 6.4 Cumulative Hot-Fix (Build 19 as of 03-11-08)
- Directory Services Groups display incorrect membership if used in conjunction with Source Groups.
- Disable Update Agent from performing Discover Applicable Updates when Inventory Changes occur.
- Communication Interval display under Device Information is not displayed correctly.
- Deployment Details display issue.
Agent Hot-Fix included (named: C - Novell ZENworks Patch Management Update Agent HotFix 6.4 HF-1 for Windows (QFE)).
- Some detection results may be incorrect in greater than or equal to | less than or equal to fingerprints.
- Agents/computers may go offline after extended periods without ZPM Update Service being restarted; handle count exceeds 12,000 on gravitixservice.exe.
This patch can be downloaded from this article and executed locally on the Update Server:
- Download the installer from this TID and save it to the Update Server.
- Execute the ZPM64CumulativeHotFix.exe and follow any dialogues presented.
How does one determine if the patch is applicable?
On the Technical Support tab of the Options page, the Version of Update Server does not include "Hot Fix: xx" (where xx is the build number).
How will I know if this patch is applied successfully?
The Update Server will have a new Vulnerability named C - Novell ZENworks Patch Management Update Agent HotFix 6.4 HF-1 for Windows (QFE) and the Version of Update Server on the Technical Support tab of the Options page will include "Hot Fix: xx" (where xx is the build number).
This Hot-Fix includes Update Server P-2.
After the installation of this hot-fix the Inventory Change function of the agent is turned off. This feature is now controlled by changing the table contents of PLUS..SystemConfig. The following T-SQL can be used to enable it:
V1.1 (February 12, 2008): Provided details for Agent Hot-Fix regarding applicable agent versions and resultant agent version.
V1.2 (March 11, 2008): Released Build 19.