Archived Content: This information is no longer maintained and is provided "as is" for your convenience.
'Record in Table' validation rules defined inside Service Catalog User Selections are not enforced -QCR30455
Reproducible in 7.x (including 7.00 and 7.10)
1. Service Catalog
2. under the 'Service Catalog Publishing' tab, select 'Manage Catalog'
3. select any catalog item - i.e. 'Accounts Payable'
4. on the 'User Selections' tab, select 'Add User Selection'
5. specify the following values and select 'Next':
Display Type: Text
6. leave the 'Type' as 'String' and the 'Mandatory' field UNCHECKED and select 'Next'
7. set the 'Validation Rule' to 'Record in Table', specify the following values and select 'Next':
Table Name: language
Field Name: Name
8. select OK to save your changes
9. exit back out to the Service Catalog menu
10. Order From Catalog
11. search for the catalog item that was just modified in step 8
12. click on this item
13. enter 'abc' in the 'Language' field and select 'Add to Cart'
RESULT: Even though the entered value is not a valid language, the item was successfully added to the cart.
QCR 30455 has been created for this issue. There is currently no workaround