How to retrieve a custom field created in SM to Release Control?
In order to retrieve a custom field from Service Manager (SM) to Release Control (RC) the following needs to be done:
on SM side:
1. create a new field and specify its type
For changes - Double click on the System Definition->Tables->cm3r node
For tasks - Double click on the System Definition->Table->cm3t node
2. add the new field to SM form designer( ex: CM.change.logging)
3. add the new field to WSDL
a. Go to Menu Navigation-> Tailoring -> WSDL Configuration
b. Enter cm3r/cm3t in the "Name" text box, and press Enter
c. In ChangeRC or ChangeTaskRC find the field that you wish to expose in the list, and if it does not exist - add it.
4. For SM version earlier than 9.30 a service restart is required
on RC side:
5. Create a new field in RC and chose a proper type(the same as for the created field in SM)
6. Update convertchanges.js file from the used adapter. add a new line in the convert function
7. Save and activate the adapter
8. run ServiceManagerWsdlGen from \HP\RC910\bin folder
9. Copy the file created,serviceCenter-changeRequestClient.jar, in RC910\bin\result\ folder to \RC910\apps\SDI-<adaptername>\WEB-INF\lib folder
After applying the above settings the custom field should be retrieved in RC.