Open Source Licenses
HP Software Support
HP acknowledges the use of the following open source components.OpenSSL 0.9.8d
LICENSE ISSUES ============== The OpenSSL toolkit stays under a dual license, i.e. both the conditions of the OpenSSL License and the original SSLeay license apply to the toolkit. See below for the actual license texts. Actually both licenses are BSD-style Open Source licenses. In case of any license issues related to OpenSSL please contact email@example.com. OpenSSL License --------------- /* ==================================================================== * Copyright (c) 1998-2005 The OpenSSL Project. All rights reserved. * * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions * are met: * * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in * the documentation and/or other materials provided with the * distribution. * * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this * software must display the following acknowledgment: * "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project * for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)" * * 4. The names "OpenSSL Toolkit" and "OpenSSL Project" must not be used to * endorse or promote products derived from this software without * prior written permission. For written permission, please contact * firstname.lastname@example.org. * * 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "OpenSSL" * nor may "OpenSSL" appear in their names without prior written * permission of the OpenSSL Project. * * 6. Redistributions of any form whatsoever must retain the following * acknowledgment: * "This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project * for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/)" * * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE OpenSSL PROJECT ``AS IS'' AND ANY * EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR * PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OpenSSL PROJECT OR * ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, * SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT * NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; * LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, * STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) * ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED * OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. * ==================================================================== * * This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young * (email@example.com). This product includes software written by Tim * Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org). * */ Original SSLeay License ----------------------- /* Copyright (C) 1995-1998 Eric Young (email@example.com) * All rights reserved. * * This package is an SSL implementation written * by Eric Young (firstname.lastname@example.org). * The implementation was written so as to conform with Netscapes SSL. * * This library is free for commercial and non-commercial use as long as * the following conditions are aheared to. The following conditions * apply to all code found in this distribution, be it the RC4, RSA, * lhash, DES, etc., code; not just the SSL code. The SSL documentation * included with this distribution is covered by the same copyright terms * except that the holder is Tim Hudson (email@example.com). * * Copyright remains Eric Young's, and as such any Copyright notices in * the code are not to be removed. * If this package is used in a product, Eric Young should be given attribution * as the author of the parts of the library used. * This can be in the form of a textual message at program startup or * in documentation (online or textual) provided with the package. * * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions * are met: * 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the copyright * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the * documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. * 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software * must display the following acknowledgement: * "This product includes cryptographic software written by * Eric Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)" * The word 'cryptographic' can be left out if the rouines from the library * being used are not cryptographic related :-). * 4. If you include any Windows specific code (or a derivative thereof) from * the apps directory (application code) you must include an acknowledgement: * "This product includes software written by Tim Hudson (email@example.com)" * * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY ERIC YOUNG ``AS IS'' AND * ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE * IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE * ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE * FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL * DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS * OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) * HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT * LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY * OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF * SUCH DAMAGE. * * The licence and distribution terms for any publically available version or * derivative of this code cannot be changed. i.e. this code cannot simply be * copied and put under another distribution licence * [including the GNU Public Licence.] */
* The Apache Software License, Version 1.1
* Copyright (c) 1999-2001 The Apache Software Foundation. All rights
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
* the documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. The end-user documentation included with the redistribution,
* if any, must include the following acknowledgment:
* "This product includes software developed by the
* Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/)."
* Alternately, this acknowledgment may appear in the software itself,
* if and wherever such third-party acknowledgments normally appear.
* 4. The names "Xerces" and "Apache Software Foundation" must
* not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this
* software without prior written permission. For written
* permission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 5. Products derived from this software may not be called "Apache",
* nor may "Apache" appear in their name, without prior written
* permission of the Apache Software Foundation.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
* DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE APACHE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION OR
* ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF
* USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
* ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
* OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT
* OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many
* individuals on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was
* originally based on software copyright (c) 1999, International
* Business Machines, Inc., http://www.ibm.com. For more
* information on the Apache Software Foundation, please see
zlib License ------------ /* zlib.h -- interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library version 1.1.4, March 11th, 2002 Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions: 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required. 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software. 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution. Jean-loup Gailly Mark Adler email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org */
HP acknowledges the use of the following third-party components.
Microsoft SQL Express 2005 SP2
Stingray Objective Toolkit Pro 6.02
Crystal Report 11 Print Engine
MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2005 EXPRESS EDITION SERVICE PACK 2
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
* Internet-based services, and
* support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. Installation and Use. You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices.
b. Included Microsoft Programs. The software contains other Microsoft programs. These license terms apply to your use of those programs.
2. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time.
3. MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK BENCHMARK TESTING. The software includes the .NET Framework component of the Windows operating systems (".NET Component"). You may conduct internal benchmark testing of the .NET (".NET Component"). You may disclose the results of any benchmark test of the .NET Component, provided that you comply with the following terms: (1) you must disclose all the information necessary for replication of the tests, including complete and accurate details of your benchmark testing methodology, the test scripts/cases, tuning parameters applied, hardware and software platforms tested, the name and version number of any third party testing tool used to conduct the testing, and complete source code for the benchmark suite/harness that is developed by or for you and used to test both the .NET Component and the competing implementation(s); (2) you must disclose the date(s) that you conducted the benchmark tests, along with specific version information for all Microsoft software products tested, including the .NET Component; (3) your benchmark testing was performed using all performance tuning and best practice guidance set forth in the product documentation and/or on Microsoft's support web sites, and uses the latest updates, patches and fixes available for the .NET Component and the relevant Microsoft operating system; (4) it shall be sufficient if you make the disclosures provided for above at a publicly available location such as a website, so long as every public disclosure of the results of your benchmark test expressly identifies the public site containing all required disclosures; and (5) nothing in this provision shall be deemed to waive any other right that you may have to conduct benchmark testing. The foregoing obligations shall not apply to your disclosure of the results of any customized benchmark test of the .NET Component, whereby such disclosure is made under confidentiality in conjunction with a bid request by a prospective customer, such customer's application(s) are specifically tested and the results are only disclosed to such specific customer. Notwithstanding any other agreement you may have with Microsoft, if you disclose such benchmark test results, Microsoft shall have the right to disclose the results of benchmark tests it conducts of your products that compete with the .NET Component, provided it complies with the same conditions above.
4. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
* disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software, other than the Microsoft .NET Framework (see separate term above), to any third party without Microsoft's prior written approval;
* work around any technical limitations in the software;
* reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
* make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
* publish the software for others to copy; or
* rent, lease or lend the software.
5. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software.
6. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
7. TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY. The first user of the software may transfer it and this agreement directly to a third party. Before the transfer, that party must agree that this agreement applies to the transfer and use of the software. The first user must uninstall the software before transferring it separately from the device. The first user may not retain any copies.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
9. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is "as is," we may not provide support services for it.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
11. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
12. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
14. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
* anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
* claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Stingray Software, Inc. 9001 Aerial Center, Suite 100 Morrisville, NC 27560 Phone: (800) 924-4223/(919) 461-0672 Fax: (919) 461-9811
SINGLE USER SOURCE CODE LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY! By installing this software package, or exercising your rights to make and use copies of the Software (as may be provided for below), or pressing the 'Accept' button below, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Stingray Software License Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, promptly return this package to the place from which you obtained it within 30 days for a full refund. If you would like specific rights not granted in this agreement, please contact Stingray Software for more information.
Stingray Software License Agreement
The enclosed software, including, but not limited to, one or more of the following: source code, object code, dynamic link libraries, static libraries, header files, sample programs, utility programs, Makefiles and scripts, together with the accompanying documentation (collectively known as the "Software") is owned by Stingray Software or its suppliers and is protected by U.S. copyright laws and international treaties. Therefore, you must treat the Software like any copyrighted material (e.g., a book or musical recording) except that you may make either (a) one backup copy of the Software solely for backup purposes, or (b) transfer the Software to a hard disk and keep the original copy solely for backup purposes.
Stingray Software grants to you (one software programmer) the limited right to use only one copy of the Software on a single computer (typically one personal computer) in the manner set forth in this agreement. Each Software Programmer must have his or her own license to use the Software.
Subject to the restrictions contained in this agreement, you MAY:
a) Incorporate the dynamic link libraries and statically linked libraries into C++ software application products that you develop.
b) Modify (i.e. modify the source code and rebuild) the dynamic link libraries and statically linked libraries and incorporate the modified dynamic link libraries and statically linked libraries into C++ software application products that you develop.
c) Make and distribute copies of the dynamic link libraries and statically linked libraries of the Software as incorporated into C++ software application products that you develop provided that the Software, or other Stingray Software products, do not constitute a major portion of the value of your product.
d) Solely with the respect to electronic documents, you may make an unlimited number of copies (either in hardcopy or electronic form), provided that such copies shall be used only for internal purposes and are not republished or distributed beyond the licensee's premises.
e) Use and modify the source code version of those portions of the Software that are identified in the documentation as the Sample Code ("SAMPLE CODE"), provided you do not distribute the SAMPLE CODE, or any modified version of the SAMPLE CODE, in source code form.
Notwithstanding any provisions in this agreement to the contrary, you may NOT:
a) Distribute in any manner any of the header files, source code, SAMPLE CODE, Makefiles, object modules or independent static libraries of the Software.
b) Use, copy, modify, merge or compile all or any portion of the source code or object code of the Software except as expressly provided in this agreement.
c) Make telecommunication transmittal of the Software.
d) Distribute any portion of the Software or any derivative of any portion of the Software in a software development product or otherwise in competition with Stingray Software's distribution of the Software.
e) Decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any object code form of any portion of the Software.
f) Expose the interfaces of the Software through your application. (e.g. an OCX, DLL, class library, etc..)
g) Rent or lease the Software.
h) Disclose any source codes of the Software to any person or entity.
i) Port the Software to any computer Operating System other than: Windows 3.1, Windows NT, Windows 95.
The source codes of the Software are valuable assets of Stingray Software. You agree to keep all source codes of the Software in confidence. You may not transfer or assign the Software or your rights under this agreement.
Limited Warranty ----------------
Stingray Software warrants to you (the original licensee only) that the unaltered Software will substantially perform the functions described in the documentation for a period of 60 days after the date of delivery of the Software to you. Stingray Software's sole obligation under this warranty shall be limited to using reasonable efforts to correct material, documented, reproducible defects in the unaltered Software that you describe and document to Stingray Software during the 60-day period. In the event that Stingray Software fails to correct a material, documented, reproducible defect within a reasonable period, Stingray Software may, in Stingray Software's discretion, replace the defective Software, or refund to you the amount that you paid Stingray Software for the defective Software and cancel this agreement and the licenses granted herein. In such event, you agree to return to Stingray Software all copies of the Software.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED IN THE PARAGRAPH IMMEDIATELY ABOVE, STINGRAY SOFTWARE MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL STINGRAY SOFTWARE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS) WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF STINGRAY SOFTWARE WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Stingray Software will provide you (the original licensee only) with limited technical support by telephone, or by electronic media for a period of 60 days after delivery of the Software to you.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS The SOFTWARE and documentation are provided with RESTRICTED RIGHTS. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(l)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software -- Restricted Rights at 48 CFR 52.227-19, as applicable. Contractor/manufacturer is Stingray Software, Inc., 9001 Aerial Center, Suite 110, Morrisville, NC 27560.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the state of North Carolina.
Visit the HP Support web site at: HP Software
Support Online. The web site provides contact information and details about
the products, services, and support that HP Software offers. The online support
provides customer self-solve capabilities. It provides a fast and efficient way
to access interactive technical support tools needed to manage your business. As
a valued support customer, you can benefit by using the web site to:
— Search for knowledge documents of interest
— Submit and track progress on support cases
— Submit enhancement requests online
— Download software patches
— Manage a support contract
— Look up HP support contacts
— Review information about available services
— Enter discussions with other software customers
— Research and register for software training
To access the self-solve knowledge base, visit the Self-solve knowledge search home page.
Most of the support areas require that you register as an HP Passport user and sign in. Many also require an active support contract. To find more information about support access levels, go to: Access levels.
To register for an HP Passport ID, go to: HP
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. Confidential computer software. Valid license from HP required for possession, use or copying. Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial Items are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor's standard commercial license.
Adobe®, Acrobat®, and PostScript® are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Microsoft®, Windows®, Windows NT®, Windows® XP, and Windows Vista® are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
UNIX® is a registered trademark of The Open Group.
This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric Young (email@example.com).
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/).
This product includes software written by Tim Hudson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This product includes an interface of the 'zlib' general purpose compression library, which is Copyright © 1995-2002 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler.
© 1999–2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.