Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Security ArcSight SmartConnectors
The following new key features are available with this version:
Smart Connector v8.2.0 release is focused on the following areas:
- MS 365 Defender
- New support for GCP security event sources
- New Polyverse Zerotect FlexConnector supports zero-day detection
- Windows Native Connector (WiNC) performance and stability improvements. Now 20% faster than v8.1.
- New online documentation enables searches
- Improve AWS Security Hub event log service coverage
- New support for Microsoft Azure Powershell
- New support for Micro Focus SaaS initiatives
- Enable crowd sourcing for Connector & Parsers on MF managed GitHub
- Connector currency updates â Over 60 new device, component, and OS version support
- Support for Micro Focus SaaS initiatives
- Support latest ArcSight releases (Logger, THub, Recon, Appliances, ESM, â¦)
- RHEL/CentOS 7.9 and 8.x, vulnerability, Postgres, Tomcat, JVM, cipher & library updates
Refer to the Release Notes for specifics on these highlights, other new or modified features and defects addressed.
The Latest 3 versions of Smart Connector Framework v8.0.0, v8.1.0 and v8.2.0 can be found On the Software Entitlement portal: https://entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/iam/home
This release is part of the larger ArcSight 2021.1 release. You can read more about the details of this release, and how it will enable your SOC, in our âArcSightâs Latest and Greatestâ flyer available here: https://www.microfocus.com/media/article/arcsights-latest-and-greatest-article.pdf
A video summary of the release is also available on our ArcSight Unplugged channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfeits4KBY-pyqvwM8szWw
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|May 31, 2024||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all Security ArcSight SmartConnectors customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Security ArcSight SmartConnectors version 8.2.0