Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Security ArcSight Management Center
The following new key features are available with this version:
The ArcMC 3.0 release is focused on the following areas.
ArcMC now supports both a non-Containerized, traditional install and a new Containerized installation
- Non-containerized, traditional ArcMC is supported and is recommended for pre-existing legacy deployments (e.g. ArcMC 2.9x).
- Upgrade to non-containerized v3.0.0 is supported from prior releases
New Containerized Deployment â Fusion ArcMC
- ArcMC can now be deployed into the containerized ArcSight Suite as a component of the Fusion capability. This is the recommended model for Recon and Intelligence, supporting new deployments only, not upgrades from prior ArcMC releases.
- Containerized applications support built-in upgrades
- Cloud-native deployment into AWS and Azure
- While more than one cluster node can have the âFusionâ Label, only a single Fusion ArcMC instance will run at any given time. Kubernetes cluster management will automatically restart failed pods.
- Fusion ArcMC UI is launched from Fusion UI. Login is into Fusion UI, supporting Single Sign-On to ArcMC UI
- Consolidated Group/User/Role management within Fusion
Logical Connector Grouping
- SmartConnectors configured with a connector group name will have the group name shown in ArcMC license reports. Grouping enables customers who have multiple connectors servicing a log source to view connector licensing metrics for the group.
- Platform component version updates have been certified on RHEL 8.2 and 7.9, and CentOS 8.2 and 7.9, with current releases of Azul Zulu Java runtime and Tomcat 9.x.
Refer to the Release Notes for specifics on these highlights, other new or modified features and defects addressed.
This release is part of the larger ArcSight 2021.1 release. You can read more about the details of this release, and how it will enable your SOC, in our âArcSightâs Latest and Greatestâ flyer available here: https://www.microfocus.com/media/article/arcsights-latest-and-greatest-article.pdf
A video summary of the release is also available on our ArcSight Unplugged channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfeits4KBY-pyqvwM8szWw
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|May 31, 2024||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all Security ArcSight Management Center customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Security ArcSight Management Center version 3.0.