Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Voltage SecureData Enterprise Integrations for AWS Cloud Services
The Voltage SecureData AWS Cloud Services Integration Release 1.2 enables our customers to automate their workflow by triggering a data protection workload post a discovery process conducted by AWS Macie service. This enables customers using AWS, and storing sensitive data on AWS Object Storage service such as S3, to automate the end to end process from discovery, classification, reporting and risk remediation.
AWS Macie integration
- AWS Macie is a cloud service that discovers sensitive data in S3 buckets
- Protects identified Credit Cards and Social Security Numbers
- Up to a maximum of 15 per S3 file
- Macie jobs are created to examine one or more S3 buckets and generate a findings event
- AWS EventBridge listens for the Macie findings events and delivers it to AWS Lambda handler
- Lambda Handler processes findings data (in the findings event)
- Reads S3 objects with unprotected data
- Writes objects with protected data to a specific output bucket
AWS Secrets Manager integration
- ‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚Äč‚ÄčAWS Secrets Manager helps you protect secrets needed to access your applications, services, and IT resources. The service enables you to easily rotate, manage, and retrieve database credentials, API keys, and other secrets throughout their lifecycle
- Voltage secrets such as Shared Secret, Service Accounts and Passwords, etc. can be stored within AWS Secrets Manager, and applications can retrieve these secrets with a call to Secrets Manager APIs, eliminating the need to hardcode sensitive information in plain text within files or code, prior to making a key request or perform a Web Service operation
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|Apr 30, 2023||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all SecureData Enterprise Integrations for AWS Cloud Services customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to SecureData Enterprise Integrations for AWS Cloud Services v1.2.