You can deploy some or all of a package's resources to the CMDB from your local directory. The package must be on your local directory in order to deploy its resources.
To deploy resources from packages on your local directory:
- Click the button to open the Deploy Packages to Server dialog box.
- Click the button to open the Deploy Packages to Server (from local disk) dialog box.
- Select a package zip file and click Open. The package appears in the upper pane of the dialog box and its resources appear in the lower pane.
- Select the resources from the package that you want to deploy. All the resources are selected by default.
- Optionally, select another package zip file and select the relevant resources to deploy.
- When you have selected all the resources you want to deploy from each selected package, click Deploy.
- A status report appears indicating whether the deployment was successful for each resource selected.
Example of Deploying Only Specific Resources in a Package:
You want to deploy only some of the resources contained in the package called ticket2.zip. Click the button. In the Deploy Packages to Server dialog box, click the button, browse to the package's location and select the resources from the package you want to deploy. See the following illustration:
How to display currently deployed packages using the JMX console
Follow these steps to display currently deployed packages using the JMX console.
- Launch the Web browser and navigate to: http://<server_name>:8443/jmx-console, where <server_name> is the name of the machine on which Universal CMDB is installed.
- Under UCMDB, click UCMDB:service=Packaging Services to open the JMX MBEAN View page.
- Locate displayDeployedPackages.
- In the Value box for the parameter customerId, enter the <customer id>.
- In the Value box for the parameter packagesNames, specify the names of the packages you want to display.
- Click Invoke to display the packages that are currently deployed.