Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Vertica for SQL on Hadoop
The following new key features are available with this version:
Vertica 10.1 continues to show our commitment to broad, powerful in-database machine learning by including our most requested algorithm â XGBoost. Management Console makes administering Vertica in the cloud even easier. Support for complex data types in Parquet reaches complete in this version. Eon Mode enhances robustness of support to Google Cloud, and even broader feature sets are possible as Vertica goes beyond the 1600 column limit.
Machine learning gets a boost:
Vertica Machine Learning Adds XGBoost
- XGBoost aka Extreme Gradient Boost has been one of the most requested algorithms of the past years because itâs accuracy for predictive modeling is even better than regression with a broad applicability to many problem types.
Management Console takes ease of use to the next level:
Multiple Management Console Improvements
- Improved user experience with simple wizards
- Choose your instance types on EC2
- Password improvements
Lots of other important features:
Eon Mode enhancements, complex data types, pushing column limits, â¦
- Complex data type support now complete in Parquet
- Backup and Restore on Google Cloud with Eon Mode
- Ability to pin projections in Eon Mode depot
- Increased feature limit to 9800 columns
- Better Delete, Update support when nodes are down, recursive WITH support, â¦
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|Feb 28, 2023||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all Vertica customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Vertica 10.1.