Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Project and Portfolio Management
Project and Portfolio Management Deployment Management Extension Oracle E-Business
Languages: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish and Arabic
To download version 9.63 you must first select version 9.60 in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal
PPM 9.63 builds on previous releases to support enterprises with extensive portfolio capabilities by introducing portfolio types. This release also adds new features to existing team and demand management capabilities as well as a new PPM connector for Micro Focus Connect.
Feature 1: Portfolio Management
Define and Customize Portfolio Types
- Create and customize several types of portfolios, for example, project portfolio, lean portfolio, application portfolio, or something unique to their enterprise
- Use portfolio settings to make default templates for each portfolio type and define the content (like risks, projects, and applications) and portlets or dashboards that are included
Configure Portfolio Tabs
- Configure what tabs will be shown in the portfolio and the sequence of these tabs.
- Click the wheel to configure details for each tab to change the tab name, define which entities are editable, change security settings, set default views, and add or arrange portlets.
Feature 2: Team Management
Assign Team Members in Workplan
- When a team is assigned to a staffing profile position, users can now assign resources in this team to the work plan tasks
Out-of-the-box Portlets in Team Overview
- Two new portlets have been added to the Team Overview page: Number of Resources, and Team Running Cost.
- These portlets can be filtered by time period and printed to a PDF.
Feature 3: MF Connect
PPM Connector for MF Connect
- PPM Connector releases with MF Connect Release Vehicle.
- The PPM Connector now supports all request types, several common field types, and value mapping.
- MF Connect provides OOTB connectors to popular toolsets in the IT world. Having a PPM connector for MF Connect means PPM can integrate to all the tools MF Connect supports.
Feature 4: Demand Management Improvements
New Request Dashboard for Demand Management
- Expanded dashboard functionality to the most widely-used module so DM end users can collectively view information within submitted requests.
- For example, depending on the request type, users could see a summary report about the proposal, or a graphic representation of the lifecycle of the request, or even high-level financial or resource data.
Define Request Relationship
- Added the ability to define relationships between requests when required, for example, epic to sub epic to feature relationships.
- Currently Beta testing a reciprocal field in request type to embody relationships
Feature 5: Other Improvements
More Chart types for Self-Service Portlet
- Added five new chart types: line, area, stacked, pie, and donut.
New and Improved Field Types
- Added an HTML/Rich Text field that turns text area fields into rich text to add special formatting, colors, tables, or HTML. This field is limited to a max length 4000 characters.
- New grid/pivot view for table components allows you to display table components for read-only filtering, grouping, sorting, and pivoting on the table component data.
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|Mar 31, 2024||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all Project and Portfolio Management customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Project and Portfolio Management 9.63.