Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Transformation Hub
This release of Transformation Hub contains the following new features:
- Deployment and configuration of Transformation Hub in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment that leverages its cloud-native services and capabilities.
- A new silent install process for on premise installations greatly simplifies the initial deployment of container-based ArcSight products and capabilities. The installer supports from a simple, single node containing all capabilities, to multi-node, high-availability deployment models. It installs and configures OS, storage, network and other prerequisites and performs pre- and post-deployment resource and configuration checks. A minimum set of parameters are required, such as Master and Worker Node host names.
- Upgrades to Version 3.4.0 from prior Version 3.x releases and patches/hotfixes are supported in the native CDF Installer, using rolling upgrades through the Master and Worker Nodes in the cluster. If the cluster had been deployed with a high-availability deployment, the cluster will continue to process event streams while the upgrade proceeds from node-to-node. Upgrade is also supported for Azure environments.
- Support for the latest SmartConnectors release, v8.1.0.
- In addition to CEF and ESM_Binary formats, this release now supports emitting Avro-formatted event streams which can be processed by Transformation Hub.
- SmartConnectors v8.1.0 has significan performance and stability improvements, with code refactoring achieving throughput improvements of up to 1,000% versus SmartConnectors v8.0.0 on an ArcSight Gen10 Connector Host Appliance, potentially allowing for a reduction in the number of SmartConnectors required to process workloads. As a result of these improvements, this release is also more stable and reliable.
- New stream processor and Kafka Topics supporting Avro-formatted events are now available in THub. ArcMC and THub have been enhanced to enable routing of Avro streams and consumption of Avro events forwarded from ESM or Logger.
- Documentation is now available online, as HTML pages, supplemented by traditional PDF documents.
- The Container Deployment Foundation (CDF), Kubernetes and Docker components have been upgraded to CDF version 2020.08. â¢ Platform component version updates have been certified on RHEL 8.2, CentOS 8.2, with current releases of Azul Zulu Java runtime, PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka Client, and the Confluent platform (which includes Apache Kafka, Schema Registry and ZooKeeper). Component libraries include current vulnerability compliance, and ciphers are up-to-date.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes. Refer to the Release Notes for the specific defects addressed
Please check the productâs software for installation instructions, release notes and user manuals. This documentation can also be downloaded from Software Support Online (select Dashboards>>Manuals).
For further SmartConnector updates, please visit the Software License and Downloads Portal. To receive product specific update alerts, select the âEmail Signupâ link under âCustomer Resourcesâ at the bottom of the Software License and Downloads Portal homepage. Note that for some of these portals you are required to login with your Passport account that is linked to your Support Agreement ID(s). If you do not yet have a Passport account, click on âRegister for Software Passportâ on Software Support Online.
We are here to advise and help with the installation process. In the unlikely event that you encounter an issue, please check Software Support Online which includes a knowledge base for self-service help, as well as additional support information. If you are unable to resolve your issue, please open a Service Request (select Service Requests (Incidents)) and one of our engineers will contact you.
To optimize your software throughout its lifecycle, a portfolio of support services is available; check the Software Support Offerings page for more information.
As a valued Micro Focus customer, we recommend you to take advantage of the free Software Customer Community Program, which can help you optimize the returns on your software investment. Within the community we have entitled support customer forums that are staffed by our support engineers, who will be actively monitoring posts, prepared to answer your questions. Since access is determined by valid Support Agreement ID (SAID) numbers, users will be able to discuss topics in a secure environment, once logged in. We encourage you to try this method of getting help with product technical issues first, rather than placing a telephone call or logging an online support ticket. Your discussions and posts will help all community users.
Join the forums to:
- Discuss product-specific topics
- Get access to best practices, support tips, and tricks
- Discuss technical issues
- Connect with your peers in the industry to share best practices
- Participate in our product related Expert Days
- Learn more about product events
Please visit the ArcSight User Discussions page for more information.
Services Complementing our Support services, Micro Focusâ Professional Services and Education Services are available at any point in the software lifecycle. Whether you need help with planning deployment, implementing software or ensuring that it is continuously delivering against your objectives, please visit our Services page for the IT services portfolio we offer, or for how to contact us for a no-obligation chat.
Learn more at
This release is part of our larger ArcSight 2020.3 release. You can read more about the details of this release, and how it will enable your SOC, in our âArcSightâs Latest and Greatestâ flyer available here: https://www.microfocus.com/media/article/arcsights-latest-and-greatest-article.pdf
A video summary of the release is also available on our SecOps Unplugged channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWfeits4KBY-pyqvwM8szWw
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|Dec 31,2023||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all Transformation Hub customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Transformation Hub version 3.4.