Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: SecureData Enterprise for Teradata
Voltage SecureData Enterprise for Teradata is a fully integrated and supported Voltage SecureData client for the Teradata database. Installed as a User Defined Function (UDF), the product provides Structured Query Language (SQL) extensions for accessing Voltage data access and protect functions. The UDF may be used directly with Teradataâs bteq command line tool or any other data access component supporting SQL directly.
The following new key features are available with this version:
Application Level Data Protection
- The UDF provides access and protect functions to Teradata SQL users.
- Users call these just like any other standard SQL function, supplying a key identity, a data protection format name, and other function parameters.
- The protection algorithm applied, such as encryption, hash, or tokenization, is controlled via the Voltage management console to enforce compliance, governance, and separation of duties.
Stateless Key Management
- Authentication may be performed by multiple systems for maximum security, such as the Teradata bteq username and directory services.
- Key delivery is managed by a key server external from Teradata, allowing separation of duties and avoiding administrator abuse.
Unicode String Handling
- The UDF supports Unicode strings, allowing protection of strings in any language.
- Function return values are guaranteed safe for storage in Teradata string type columns.
Event Auditing and Logging
- All key request, authorization, denial, and delivery events are logged.
- File and server SYSLOG event export utilities are provided via the management console.
- The consoleâs reporting engine features PCI compliance report generation for annual audits.
This minor update to the SecureData Enterprise For Teradata User Defined Function (UDF) product family incorporates the Simple API for C Version 6, the latest version. This offers customer access to the latest data protection algorithms. Additionally, ability to set server timeouts via a configuration parameter is added as a new feature.
This release introduces the following major features and enhancements:
- Full compatibility with the Simple API, Version 6, including access to a new tweak parameter.
- Set server timeouts via a configurable parameter
- Simple API 6 feature parity
- Safe Unicode for FPE
- Tweak support
- FPE large data interfaces
- Masked access support
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|Oct 31, 2023||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all SecureData Enterprise for Teradata customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to SecureData Enterprise for Teradata 3.2.