Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: SecureData Appliance
To download version 6.9.3 you must first select version 6.9 in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal
This SecureData Enterprise Appliance (SDA) Version 6.9.3 is a service release that incorporates several customer requests for enhancements (RFEs). This release will be distributed both as an installation disk image (ISO) and as a patch script update. Customers may upgrade from any SDA 6.x version using the update script or install new servers from scratch depending on information technology requirements.
SDA 6.9.3 contains the following new features as requested by customers:
- Prevent multiple SSH logins by the same user. This does not apply to the root user. Customers are advised to set an SSH login timeout so that active shells do not prevent legitimate secondary logins.
- Display the last login time in the graphic user interface (GUI).
- Track multiple simultaneous login attempts from the same user in the console.log file.
- Automatically redirect the GUI to the login screen after timeout. Previous behavior was to redirect after user data entry.
- Provide a manual configuration to turn on certificate revocation list (CRL) processing. This configuration requires text file editing and is not supported via the GUI.
- Update the Utimaco Atalla hardware security module (HSM) option to support the latest firmware.
In addition, this release (as in previous service releases) incorporates all security patches available as of the manufacturing release date. The list of included patches is part of the release notes file.
Micro Focus recommends that all customers upgrade to this release. Current security best practices require CRL processing as well as preventing concurrent logins by the same user.
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages. Please take note of the end of support dates for the latest available version of this product:
|Oct 31, 2023||Committed Support Ends|
Please note that all SecureData Appliance customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to SecureData Appliance 6.9.3.