Recommended Software Update
Micro Focus is announcing the release of
Product: Data Protector Software
Version: 2020.08 (Version 10.80)
Languages: English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
The following key new features are available with this version:
Support for VMWare tags and categories
- Enables use of new or existing tags for backup and restore of a single or group of VMs
Improve VMWare browse and GRE performance and stability.
- Providing reduced search time and faster restores through optimized cache size and mount component load behaviour
- Reduced log sizes
Security improvements, including updates to OpenJDK, KeyCloak, and WildFly.
- Implementing the newest security standards, functionality and performance
- Common Criteria Certification completion
- DD Boost Library Update for MPIO Support Issue
- Extended storage in the cloud with HPE Cloud Volumes qualification
- HPE Primera for VMware integration certification giving enhanced infrastructure support
Reporting Server availability for Data Protector Traditional/Feature-based licenses.
- Allowing advanced reporting capabilities to be added to traditional license deployments, enabling greater insight, assurance and resource utilization
Multiple certifications including for key applications including:
- Oracle 18c (including RHEL 7.5) and 19c
- Sybase ASE 16 on RHE 8.x, SLES 15, and Windows 2019
- SAP MaxDB 7.9 on SLES 12/15 and Windows 2019
For more information, please check the Release Notes for this version (available from MySupport).
If you have an active support subscription for these products, please plan for downloading this version from the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal. To access these products in the Software Licenses and Downloads Portal, you will need to sign in with your Micro Focus credentials.
Our goal is to provide you with clear visibility into the support time-line of software products, enabling you to use this information to plan, test, and deploy new product versions. For more information, check our MySupport Software Product Lifecycle pages, where you can find support time-line information for previously released versions. For this newly released version, the following time-line applies (dates subject to change, always check the Software Product Lifecycle pages referenced above for the latest information):
|Aug 31, 2023||End of Committed Support|
|Aug 31, 2025||End of Extended Support|
|Aug 31, 2029||End of Self-Help Support with Rights to New Versions|
Please note that all Data Protector and Adaptive Backup & Recovery Suite customers with active support subscriptions are eligible to update to Data Protector version 10.80 (2020.08).